[#3570] GJ Notification issue

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #203383 by pheinrichs
[#3570] GJ Notification issue was created by pheinrichs
Users that have been removed from a GJ group are still receiving notifications of forum posts for that particular group.

Running:
Joomla 2.5.6
CB 1.8.1
GJ 2.5.2
Kunena 1.7.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #203391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Notification issue
Hmm, that shouldn't be the case. Are those users CB moderators as they're exempt from such limitations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #203408 by pheinrichs
Replied by pheinrichs on topic Re: GJ Notification issue
Ya, that's my answer to the users that keep saying they are still receiving notifications. I have ensured they are fully removed from the group and the related Joomla profile. The only thing I can think of is that the GJ group still shows up under "Category Subscriptions" when I look at the User in Kunena (Kunena -> User Manager). There is no way for me to remove them from there if that is the issue.

11 years 9 months ago #203429 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Notification issue
If you're using CB Forums it allows users to unsubscribe from category subscriptions. Have created the below bug ticket to further investigate for a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3570

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #203447 by pheinrichs
Replied by pheinrichs on topic Re: GJ Notification issue
Much appreciated. An automatic solution is best but otherwise maybe a manual solution (allowing administrator to unsubscibe a user) but that's probably a Kunena thing. The only thing that won't work is depending on a user to unsubscribe themselves. On that topic, allowing for some kind of automatic subscription (or admin imposed subscription) to Group Forum topics would be useful as well. Can't depend on users to actually hit the "subscribe" button either.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn