GJ Message Members Error

11 years 8 months ago #206814 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: GJ Message Members Error
Set to PMS only and it still takes up to 60 seconds to send to a 150-member group. We'll will have the hosting company look into the email process, but PMS-only mode shouldn't depend on that, should it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #206819 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Message Members Error
PMS would be server based as well. I've no idea why it's taking so long on your site. Something isn't optimized server wise I suppose, but mass messaging is always going to be slow; it has to go through the processes of obtaining a list of users to message and that includes checking they've permission to receive the message. Do you have another host you can test large PMS or Emails on?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #206838 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: GJ Message Members Error
The mail server is on the same machine and now, the Mass Mail process is only taking 45sec for 100 recipients - seems to be variable. Here is what the hosting support says:

I didn't see any server errors, and it seems to take about a normal amount of time per message. For each email there is a complex set of tasks that are run. A DNS lookup is performed and the server has to wait for the remote server to accept the message before it is delivered.

Maybe this is just what we're stuck with, but if you could consider putting a progress bar on the Message Members page (like the one in the Mass Mailer), that would be the best solution for our users.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #206887 by krileon
No plans to add progress bar as the message sending isn't ajax; there's nothing to progress based off except page load time, but no idea how truly accurate that'd be regarding sending the emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #217893 by jaume_teixido
Replied by jaume_teixido on topic Re: GJ Message Members Error
We have the same problem, We had reported it some month ago.
Now we change our hosting company with an important speed increase, but the problem with slow post if there are notification active will remain...

this is our old post...
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/205740-gj-message-members-error?limit=6&start=12

like drdehart
We suggest to find any option to post like:
- background sendmail
- schedduled notifications (every h hours)
- progress bar
- ... ?

but, it's really dificult for us to use it. The users press many times the "send" button.

Thanks!

11 years 3 months ago #217899 by krileon
Scheduling will possible be added with a future release once CB has such an API. For now it works exactly the same as sending a large email with attachments or just visiting a website in general. The user is simply being impatient and not letting the page load after submitting the form.

For now I'll review implementing disabling of the send button when it's clicked so it can't be clicked again and to let the user know it's sending.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3842

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn