Skip to Content Skip to Menu

AutoAction Email

11 years 9 months ago #208524 by stefantausg
Replied by stefantausg on topic Re: AutoAction Email
Hello,
I think the error is in the empty field.
If the field has never been filled, in the SQL database, the value NULL is registered.
If the field has been filled, and was later cleared again, the field in the SQL database no value
So, if the field has no value, it is not "not empty" as identified
If the field is NULL in the SQL database, it is recognized as empty

What can I do if a field had a value that was cleared and no longer believes to be empty is

regards
Stefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #208525 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: AutoAction Email
NULL and '' are one in the same and both classify as being empty. Suggest adding both fields to the email, let it send the email, the review what their values are.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #208527 by stefantausg
In the Attachment you will find the configuration. It is always send an email when I update the profile. But in the SQL database is not a value in the registered cb_ortrechnung.

Stefan
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by stefantausg.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #208532 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: AutoAction Email
It's getting a value from somewhere then. Add the exact same substitution to the email. Let the email send. Then see what it renders. Please also ensure you're using CB Auto Actions 3.0.2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #208537 by stefantausg
i write this in the email text.

[cb_ortrechnung] not empty
[cb_ortrechnung] does not contain //

i uptdate the profile and the field cb_ortrechnung are not filled

A email arrived and the text in the mail called

not empty
does not contain //

the field are realy empty. an email should not arrive

i dont know, what can i do. last possibility is a required field

i use the version 3.0.2

stefan

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #208555 by stefantausg
Hello,

i make another test, its the same problem with a empty field (see attachment)

if a field cb_ortrechnung value changed to "Hallo" , in the field test123 the value is xxx (all is ok)

if i changed the value to "Car" in field cb_ortrechnung, the value in the field test123 is xxx (its ok too)

but if i go to the profile edit, and change nothing, and save now, the value in the field test123 is xxx (its not ok)
the [cb_ortrechnung] and [var3_cb_ortrechnung) are the same (the condition is "not equal")
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon