Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Rating Fieldtype: cancel rating

11 years 9 months ago #208867 by deltafidesign
Rating Fieldtype: cancel rating was created by deltafidesign
If I visit someone else profile and I never voted I see a button for delete vote. What is that?

Why I can click over it and altering the vote?

Shouldn't it appear after I give a vote to reset only my vote and so give a new one, for example I make a mystake voting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #208879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Rating Fieldtype: cancel rating
It deletes your own vote. It's always visible regardless of if you voted or not. It does nothing if you haven't voted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #208953 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Rating Fieldtype: cancel rating
After I voted, and refresh the page, that button is not more visible in my case. Why? Shouldn't be still visible to erese my vote so I can vote again?

Also, would you allow a feature to disable that button so that admin can choose if users can delete or note their vote to vote again.

Last, over IPad, with just one star setted for vote (not 5 stars as usual but just 1 star), if none had yet voted, is impossible to vote.

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by deltafidesign.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #208956 by krileon

After I voted that button is not more visible in my case. Why? Shouldn't be still visible to erese my vote so I can vote again?

After voting the vote feature is disabled, this prevents spam voting. You'll need a page reload to re-vote.

Also, would you allow a feature to disable that button so that admin can choose if users can delete or note their vote to vote again.

There's no feature to remove the delete rating button.

Last, over IPad, with just one star setted for vote (not 5 stars as usual but just 1 star), if none had yet voted, is impossible to vote.

Don't understand the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #208965 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Rating Fieldtype: cancel rating
I setted "Number of Units:" parameter to 1, so just 1 star is available to vote. I can click only over that star.

I visit someone else profile. None had yet voted for him. I touch over the star on my Ipad, the star become yellow and never become red (vote assigned).

That's not happens if I visit and try to vote on someoneelse profile that yet have received vote (from a PC, 'cause I cannot vote using my Ipad) . In that case I can touch over the star on my IPad and correctly the vote is assigned.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by deltafidesign.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #208973 by krileon
I've no idea, we don't test tablets. I guess it doesn't behave the same as a PC click. If it's working fine on the computer then it's working as intended. CB 2.x will be mobile friendly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon