Skip to Content Skip to Menu

jos comprofiler views Table Very Large

11 years 9 months ago #208901 by Hotties Wrestle
jos comprofiler views Table Very Large was created by Hotties Wrestle
Hello,
I was looking through my database to clean out old tables and try to optimize things, I found that
jos_comprofiler_views
is around 70MB in size.

Is this the profile view counter? We only show number of hits on the profile, not when it was last accessed or who accessed it.

Is there any way we can shrink this without losing the hitcounter? Or have a conditional that it only counts hits on profiles with certain fields but not others?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #208939 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: jos comprofiler views Table Very Large
That's the last views plugin. Hits is just an integer field that increments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #208970 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: jos comprofiler views Table Very Large
Thank you :)

Can I disable last views? I didn't see it in the plugin list.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #208977 by krileon
My guess is you once had it installed, but then uninstalled it? Is the database table still populating? You can empty the table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #208981 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: jos comprofiler views Table Very Large
I emptied it, and a few new entries are populating it again.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #209011 by krileon
I see, my mistake CB uses it to log hits and prevent duplicates, etc... Last views plugin uses it for display as well. It shouldn't be an issue though. Database size is rather irrelevant as it's indexed properly. Decreasing its size isn't really going to improve its speed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon