Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Code Action - Force Profile Update

• hetul
  • hetul
11 years 9 months ago #208910 by hetul
Code Action - Force Profile Update was created by hetul
I am trying to Force Profile Update using Code Action. For this, we simply need to check for the cb_location field in user profile and if it is empty, force user to update profile.

Please take a look at the following Settings in Code Action:

Let me know how can we fix this.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #208946 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Code Action - Force Profile Update
You don't need this with CB Progress Field installed. Simply set the field as required then enable "Force Edit" within CB > Plugin Management > CB Progress Field > Config.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• hetul
  • hetul
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #208997 by hetul
Replied by hetul on topic Re: Code Action - Force Profile Update
Hello Krileon,

We have already enabled the option in CB Progress Field Config.

So, when a user logs in, it does check and redirects the user to the profile edit page.

however, if the user clicks on some other menu item, they are able to go away from the profile edit page... We need to be able to Force users to complete their profile before they move to any section of the site...

Please advice.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by hetul.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #209014 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Code Action - Force Profile Update
You can't force them to always go to profile edit. CB Auto Actions only acts on CB triggers and CB Progress Field only does the redirect after login. You'd need a Joomla system plugin that checks their fields and redirects, but we've no such thing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon