Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Subs license for my test domain

11 years 7 months ago #213242 by yusukenishihara
CB Subs license for my test domain was created by yusukenishihara
Hello,

I am planning to purchase CBSubs for my site user to select different user groups and registration processes.

Now I have my development site in my test domain, and have my live site in another domain.
I always test any functionalities in the test domain and apply those to the live domain.
My question; Can I install CBsubs to both my test and live domain?
Both domains are worked in one same server.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 7 months ago #213243 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Subs license for my test domain

yusukenishihara wrote: Hello,

I am planning to purchase CBSubs for my site user to select different user groups and registration processes.

Now I have my development site in my test domain, and have my live site in another domain.
I always test any functionalities in the test domain and apply those to the live domain.
My question; Can I install CBsubs to both my test and live domain?
Both domains are worked in one same server.

Thank you!

Yes you can, CBSubs license can be used on one production site and a test/dev site also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yusukenishihara

11 years 7 months ago #213244 by yusukenishihara
Replied by yusukenishihara on topic Re: CB Subs license for my test domain
Thank you for your quick reply.

One more question;

Regarding the following term,"Upgrading to the next license package means you only pay the difference (e.g., Starter to Beginner is 145 - 95 = 50 €), *provided* your maintenance is current"

I have around 700 users now so I am supposed to go for Beginner Plan. Once my site will get more than 5000, should I upgrade the components too or just paying extra without any technical upgrades?

Thank you!

• nant
  • nant
11 years 7 months ago #213254 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Subs license for my test domain

yusukenishihara wrote: Thank you for your quick reply.

One more question;

Regarding the following term,"Upgrading to the next license package means you only pay the difference (e.g., Starter to Beginner is 145 - 95 = 50 €), *provided* your maintenance is current"

I have around 700 users now so I am supposed to go for Beginner Plan. Once my site will get more than 5000, should I upgrade the components too or just paying extra without any technical upgrades?

Thank you!

The FAQ articles here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/105-presales

should answer most your questions.

As I understand this one you are asking indirectly if upgrading your license count will add another maintenance year to your license. The answer is no. Only new license purchases get the 1 year maintenance included.

11 years 7 months ago #213277 by yusukenishihara
Replied by yusukenishihara on topic Re: CB Subs license for my test domain
Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for my awkward question.
I understood that only new license purchases get the 1 year maintenance.

There are 5 types of packages, Starter, Beginner, and Intermediate,,,based on max users per site.
My question; are there any difference with the CBSubs plugin among these 5 packages?
If I start with beginner package and have to change to Intermediate one after that due to the increase of max users, should I upgrade CBSubs system/plugin? I am asking if I need to uninstall the plugin which I got from Beginner package and reinstall the plugin from Intermediate package when I upgrade Beginner to Intermediate.

I hope this makes sense fo you.

Thank you!

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 7 months ago #213282 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs license for my test domain

are there any difference with the CBSubs plugin among these 5 packages?

No, they're all the exact same package.

should I upgrade CBSubs system/plugin?

If it's out of date yes.

I am asking if I need to uninstall the plugin which I got from Beginner package and reinstall the plugin from Intermediate package when I upgrade Beginner to Intermediate.

No, when upgrading you simply install it over it self and it'll auto upgrade; do not uninstall first or you may lose settings. There's no reason to upgrade or re-install if simply upgrading subscription and are already on latest as there's no difference between the packages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon