Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Suggestion for future: preview registration screen

• YeeP
  • YeeP
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #213313 by YeeP
A way to preview the registration screen would be very helpful on original setup process.

Right now the Joomla site is locked down. I have to be logged in to work on it, and therefor, cannot view the registration screen. At that point, the only way for me to view it is to unlock the site, and log out.

Or, I could backup the site, reconfigure the configure.php, and make a dev site that is not locked to the public. Either way is not very convenient.

Layout of fields is one thing to check out when working on the registration screen, but if anyone is like me, they want to get in there to play with the CSS. All blocked by being logged in.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 7 months ago #213317 by krileon
Not likely to be implemented sorry, that's an extremely non-typical situation. Offline mode really is meant to be used to disable the site while you upgrade something (extension for example) and not to lock down a site in development. It's best to simply protect your Joomla root with an htaccess login. Then you can use the site as a normal user would after login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YeeP

• YeeP
  • YeeP
11 years 7 months ago #213325 by YeeP
That is a really good idea on the htaccess password setup. I am implementing that right now.... Never even thought about doing that to solve the problem! :whistle:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon