CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS

10 years 9 months ago #231399 by activha
Hello
We have a website setup to behave like a web app on iOS but CB Connect fails to work when the website is used like it.
Please try activ-ha.com
All is working great on browsers but when the site is added to the home screen and behave like a web app then CB Connect redirect to a blank page.

Could you help on this ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #231403 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS
You mean on Safari? CB Connect is tested on Chrome (same engine as Safari), IE, and FF. If you're meaning for Mobile then it is not tested on nor does it support Mobile. Please clarify where your issue is happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231406 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS
On all iOS devices (ipad, iphone, ipod) when the website is added to home screen

This means using the Safari engine on iOS latest build (6.1)

Please test it on iphone or ipad and you'll understand

10 years 9 months ago #231411 by krileon
CB Connect does not support Mobile devices. It's not tested on them. If your device supports it you can try adding Chrome or FireFox to it and see if either gives better results. Aside from that please clarify exactly what's happening and what redirect is not working (after login? if they navigate back to your site are they logged in?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231417 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS
Well iPads are not exactly "mobile" devices, these are simply devices used by hundred and hundred of people !
Safari on iPad is pretty standard too !
This is only a bug on the redirect feature of CB Connect which interfere with the correct opening of the redirected window once the authentication is made by the social network.
So it's just a two minutes check to navigate to our website, then add it to the homescreen of your ipad or iphone, and then see the problem when trying to log in with Facebook, twitter, linkedin or google !

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231420 by krileon
iPads are mobile devices. They use a mobile version of Safari. It's not the same browser as a desktop. JS functions behave differently on a Mobile device compared to a desktop. For example window.location and window.open behave differently or flat out don't work on Mobile and both of them are used by CB Connect. I do not have an iPad, tablet, or any other such device which is why they are not supported, because I can't test on them.

When you click the button it opens a popup, which is to the social sites authentication page. The social site then sends the user to access token page to authenticate the token and populate the Joomla session or cookie. Now it closes the popup and tells the jQuery if the process was a success or not. If it was it does a redirect to the internal registration/login page to handle registration and login. If it was not then it just reloads the page. What part of this process is not working for you? Have you tested with debug mode and maximum error reporting enable in Joomla global configuration to see if an error is occurring?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn