CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS

10 years 9 months ago #231501 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS
Yes this may be it because even with a blank new safari or web app I still get the too many redirects message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231502 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 5.1 redirect problem with iOS
Please perform the below edit, clear cache, and re-test Facebook to see if Facebook will work. This eliminates at least 1 redirect.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/component.cbconnect.php
ON: Line 1870
cbconnectClass::getPluginURL( array( 'facebook' ), true, null, true );
TO:
cbconnectFacebook::getInstance()->syncUser();

Yes this may be it because even with a blank new safari or web app I still get the too many redirects message.

Not sure I understand. A blank page even errors? A page with no relation to CB Connect?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231504 by activha
Working very well with this modification :-)

10 years 9 months ago #231506 by krileon
Great, thank you for confirming. Implementing for the other social sites. Also fixing return URL handling when Redirect authentication method is in use. Will send you new build to test further here shortly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231507 by activha
OK no problem !
But I'll test it tomorrow morning, it's 10 PM here ;-)

10 years 9 months ago #231510 by krileon
Ok, have sent you a new build. I've removed the redundant extra redirect for all the social site. I've also implemented cookie tracking of the return url when redirect authentication method is used. This allows the user to be returned to the location they pressed the button (if no login redirect is specified of course). I've re-tested all the social sites with these changes as working. Please let me know if this solves your problems and you've no further issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn