[#4289] image field error

10 years 6 months ago #235385 by iytworldwide
Replied by iytworldwide on topic image field error
OK. I have fixed the issue in framework file as we are in production. I have made some testing and it is doing removal of partial created user from system using through CB functionality in case partial user got created during registration. I have used the existing code in cb.tables.php(just changed the order of execution of code) but since I am not an expert in CB framework code, I am not sure that it is proper fix considering the dependency that CB performs operation before and after the point where I added fix (calling post trigger etc).

Will it possible for you to share review if that is correct fix. File is attached. It is a request and not a push.

There is one fatal exception coming in cbactivity delete user, when below code is getting fired through CB delete user functionality.

_PLUGINS->trigger( 'onAfterDeleteUser', array( $user, true ) );

"Call to undefined method stdClass::get() in components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbactivity\plugin.cbactivity.php on line 576"

On line 576 in cbactivity.php, I debugged user and it does have a id field with value.

Thanks,
Amit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #235386 by iytworldwide
file attached. please rename ph_ to php

10 years 6 months ago #235387 by iytworldwide
I am not able to attach php file or zip file as www.joomlapolis.com/forum page breaks up and display blank page.

Thanks,
Amit

10 years 6 months ago #235434 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic image field error

Will it possible for you to share review if that is correct fix. File is attached. It is a request and not a push.

That is not the correct fix. You shouldn't be deleting anything during registration. The correct fix is a fix to the image field validation function to validate the extension and mime type, which prevents registration from happening to begin with. If you simply want to delete a user on error on that trigger you can do so using CB Auto Actions without having to touch the core code.

There is one fatal exception coming in cbactivity delete user, when below code is getting fired through CB delete user functionality.

That's already fixed in latest CB Activity release.

I am not able to attach php file or zip file as www.joomlapolis.com/forum page breaks up and display blank page.

Our site security does not allow certain files to prevent malicious intent as PHP files are executable so they can not be uploaded.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235455 by iytworldwide
Hi kyle,

Thanks for your inputs. I will update the Cb activity plugin. CB Auto Actions post the partial user creation are not being fired. Thats why we found this issue as on after user registration trigger is not called. Also I could not see any trigger for on error while user registration too. I checked this cb auto action on error first thing before looking for code change.

Thanks,
Amit

10 years 6 months ago #235465 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic image field error
Sorry, I don't have anything more to suggest. The issue is fixed for next release. Until then you're welcome to just ignore it as it's not very critical due to the chances of someone uploading the wrong extension is pretty slim (it handles most common formats fine: jpg, jpeg, gif, and png).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn