[SOLVED] List filters and empty or null fields

9 years 7 months ago #250288 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic List filters and empty or null fields
If I set one of the two lists as defaul, works only on the user who has the access level fot that list, for the other list appears always the message "There are no published user lists!".
However, with CB 1.9 none of the two list is set as default and works well, with CB 2.0 it does not work, I can not understand what it is that prevents it respect to the previous version.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #250358 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic List filters and empty or null fields
Navigating to the userlist page without a list id will cause the default userlist to be loaded and used. You need to ensure at least 1 is set to default for that to work. This behavior has changed in CB 2.0 to allow for userlists to be accessed strictly through their URLs and prevent a non-default from loading when no listid is found (CB 1.x would fallback to the first userlist it found if no default was available). The default should have the lowest possible access level (e.g. Public, Registered, etc..). Will fix for it to fallback again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #250464 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic List filters and empty or null fields
I set the first list as the default and the access level as "Registered" and it work fine (if I login as "Student" I see the "Company"). But if I login as "Company" to see the "Student" I must act on the List Selector (the list not open automatically) and if in the settings I set "Show List Selector" on "No" the list is no longer displayed. How can I make sure that automatically displays the userlist without acting on the List Selector?
Thanks.

9 years 7 months ago #250494 by krileon
The userlist fallback will be fixed for next nightly build. It'll have the same behavior as CB 1.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 6 months ago #252327 by Smooth2SITF
Replied by Smooth2SITF on topic List filters and empty or null fields
So let me see if I get this based on above,

I wanted to do something simular and add a filter that would not show profiles in the list, it a certain field is "Null", so set this up:

('[cb_transferedfrom]' != '')

I placed that in the Advanced Filter section of the List.

The result comes back and shows no users. Am I doing something wrong?

All I want is to filter to allow the list to only show members with that field filled in, no matter what the value is.

9 years 6 months ago #252344 by krileon
You want to show every user that has a value for cb_transferedfrom? You don't need or use Advanced filtering for that. Use the Basic filtering with the below.

Field: cb_transferedfrom (find it by title)
Operator: <> (not equal to)
Value: (empty)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 3.392 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn