[#4837] CB 2.0 Templates?

9 years 6 months ago #251172 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic CB 2.0 Templates?
All I did was copy the default_language folder so I can make my own language from that. I left the default_language alone.

Just was wondering why it didn't work with my files.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #251174 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB 2.0 Templates?

zingerdigital wrote: All I did was copy the default_language folder so I can make my own language from that. I left the default_language alone.

Just was wondering why it didn't work with my files.

Just compare what was created when you installed the correct language plugin I sent you to what you produced with your copy-pasting.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #252141 by zingerdigital
I installed the "en-GB" language plugin that you gave me earlier "cbplugin_language_english_en_GB.zip"

I modified the "language.php" in the directory for that plugin via FTP.

But my changes are not displaying.

Is there something else that I needed to do?

What I did to test it. I changed the word "Connections" to "Associates" throughout the language.php file in the "en-GB" directory.

Robert

9 years 6 months ago #252258 by nant

zingerdigital wrote: I installed the "en-GB" language plugin that you gave me earlier "cbplugin_language_english_en_GB.zip"

I modified the "language.php" in the directory for that plugin via FTP.

But my changes are not displaying.

Is there something else that I needed to do?

What I did to test it. I changed the word "Connections" to "Associates" throughout the language.php file in the "en-GB" directory.

Robert

If you did the above correctly then you should not have an issue - so guessing something else has happened.

DO following test:

1. Remove your en-GB plugin from the CB PLugin Management page.
2. Make sure that your site -> component -> com_comprofiler -> plugin -> language folder only has the default_language folder and an index.html file. If there are other folders it means you had left-over old language plugins. Post back extra folders you found and I will guide you if needed.
3. If in previous step you only found the default_language folder, then install the new test english language plugin I am attaching to this post. It should add ! marks to all your stings - this way you can easily test to see that translations are being picked up.

If all 3 are correct, then your ftp update process failed somehow.

File Attachment:

File Name: test_plug_...n-GB.zip
File Size:126 KB
Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #252271 by zingerdigital
after removing the "en-GB" plugin, these are the directories I have in the language folder...

default_language
cbgroupjiveen-gb

I installed the new test language plugin that you sent me. And I don't see any "!" before anything

I don't thinking its working

9 years 6 months ago #252280 by nant

zingerdigital wrote: after removing the "en-GB" plugin, these are the directories I have in the language folder...

default_language
cbgroupjiveen-gb

I installed the new test language plugin that you sent me. And I don't see any "!" before anything

I don't thinking its working

What is the default language of your Joomla website?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn