[#4837] CB 2.0 Templates?

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #251048 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic CB 2.0 Templates?
Ok. I'll just use the assigned positions to layout my profile page.

Going back to the language templates.

If I create my own language template with only these files...
admin_language.php
mytemplatename_language.xml
language.php

Then install it. Is my Language Template replacing the Default Language Template, or are they being used at the same time???

If my Language Template is replacing the Default Language Template then what about the other files in the "Default Language" folder, Do I need those??? The other files include....

An "images" directory (nophoto.jpg, pendphoto.jpg, tnnophoto.jpg, tnpendphoto.jpg)
admin_reference_language.php
calendar-local.js
cbteamplugins_language.php
default_language.php

Also, once I install my plugin, how do I set my plugin as the default language and not the CB default?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #251138 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB 2.0 Templates?

zingerdigital wrote: Ok. I'll just use the assigned positions to layout my profile page.

Going back to the language templates.

If I create my own language template with only these files...
admin_language.php
language.php

Then install it. Is my Language Template replacing the Default Language Template, or are they being used at the same time???

If my Language Template is replacing the Default Language Template then what about the other files in the "Default Language" folder, Do I need those??? The other files include....

An "images" directory (nophoto.jpg, pendphoto.jpg, tnnophoto.jpg, tnpendphoto.jpg)
admin_reference_language.php
calendar-local.js
cbteamplugins_language.php
default_language.php

Also, once I install my plugin, how do I set my plugin as the default language and not the CB default?

You are mixing up template plugins and language plugins.

Regarding language plugins for CB 2.0.

I have attached the English language plugin (en-UK) for CB 2.0.
When you install it using the CB Plugin manager you will see a new row in your CB Plugin Management page titles en-GB that is automatically published.

You can edit the files of this English plugin to adjust strings to your liking and they will not be over-written when you update CB 2.0 in the future.

There is no need and you really should not touch anything in your default_language folder.

File Attachment:

File Name: cbplugin_l...n_GB.zip
File Size:103 KB
Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #251152 by zingerdigital
So I will have 2 rows of Languages. 1 for "default_language", and 1 for "en-GB"

Do they have the same strings in both...how does the system know which language to use?

With the new "en-GB" language... Do I need to modify the xml, or do I just modify the language.php file to change the strings?

Can I add my own strings to the "en-GB" language.php file? I need to do this cause the ProfileBook strings need to be added.

When I make changes...is it best to do it through FTP or reinstall the plugin everytime I make a change?

Do I need to keep the "cbplugins" folder in the package for install?

9 years 6 months ago #251157 by nant

zingerdigital wrote: So I will have 2 rows of Languages. 1 for "default_language", and 1 for "en-GB"

Correct.

Do they have the same strings in both...how does the system know which language to use?

The system will use the en-GB if your site joomla language is en-GB and it will fall-back to the default-language once if the Joomla language related CB language plugin is not found.

With the new "en-GB" language... Do I need to modify the xml, or do I just modify the language.php file to change the strings?

DO not touch the xml.
Make any changes you need in the php files and then only to the right part of the assignment.

'language-key' => 'translation or localization goes here'

Can I add my own strings to the "en-GB" language.php file? I need to do this cause the ProfileBook strings need to be added.

Yes.

When I make changes...is it best to do it through FTP or reinstall the plugin everytime I make a change?

Either way is ok.

Do I need to keep the "cbplugins" folder in the package for install?

If you want to add subsequent plugin translation yes you need to keep it as extra add-on translations will be placed there as you can see with the sample I gave.

9 years 6 months ago #251160 by zingerdigital
Thanks I'll try the en-GB files,

Previously...I made my own language install by copying the files in the default language folder.

In my zip file I had these files....

admin_language.php
language.php
index.html

It installed ok. but the strings I added were not showing.

Any idea why my language files didn't work?

9 years 6 months ago #251165 by nant

zingerdigital wrote:
Any idea why my language files didn't work?

Because you should not touch default_language folder items - please follow my previous advise.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn