[#5340] CB Conditional validation

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #266000 by gabber3000
[#5340] CB Conditional validation was created by gabber3000
hi,

In my registration form joomla, I have a component "RADIO BUTTON" with 2 values "YES" or "NO"
when the user clicks "YES" displays 3 input texts "obligatory". (societa, ruolo and c ...)
arrived here everything works ok.
When the user clicks the radio button with the value "NO" 3 input texts are not displayed (perfect)
the user clicks the submit button and get the following error "the NAME field and mandatory"

because I get this warning if the radio button or chose "NO"?
thanks for the help
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #266002 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional validation
Name, Username, Email, and Password are all mandatory fields to complete a Joomla registration. Username has fallback behavior so it can be hidden ok. Password also has fallback behavior and can generate a password so it being hidden also should be ok. Name and email do not have fallback behavior and must be able to be completed. In short your condition scenario can not work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #266004 by gabber3000
Replied by gabber3000 on topic CB Conditional validation
I apologize in my previous post.
In my registration form joomla, I have a component "RADIO BUTTON" with 2 values "YES" or "NO"
When the user clicks "YES" displays 3 input texts "obligatory". (1 personalized name, custom name 2 and c ...)

in the attached picture you can see the name of the field.
I am not using the default values of joomla such as name, username, email.

Thank you for your help.

8 years 11 months ago #266007 by gabber3000
I wanted to add ...
if I move my 3 out of the input text component radio button everything works regularly.
I do not understand in version 1.9 (cb) everything worked perfectly. Now that I've upgraded to 2.0.9 there are these errors :(

8 years 11 months ago #266011 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional validation
Upgrade to latest CB 2.x nightly found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

Next upgrade to latest CB Conditional 4.0.5

www.joomlapolis.com/component/docman/doc_details/721-cb-conditionals-405

Then confirm if your issue persists. Please note you conditioning away the Name field. That is a core field. Joomla requires it. If it's missing during user store then Joomla will fail the registration. There is no avoiding this. CB will try to populate it with the username field if the name is missing, but if both username and name are missing it may not be able to fallback.

Please also ensure you're not conditioning the field multiple times. A field can only be conditioned once and the last condition applied to it is the only condition that matters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 11 months ago #266012 by gabber3000
Thanks for your help,
I run all your updates unfortunately the problem persists.
I have attached a picture where I show the conditions for my radio buttom.
as I explained in my previous post. selecting the "No" of the radio button and subsequently clicking submit I get the error "Warning field name companies and mandatory"
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn