[#5453] Add another extension in Gallery

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #267829 by erto
Hi,

How to add one or more extension type in PHOTOS plugin Gallery ?
Thanks.
So, I find some info in the forum. The photos files type came from the graphical library (PHP). Previously, I've only the GD2 and now I have installed the ImageMagick to have more files extensions.
My PHP indicate now the right library and I've modified the 'Configuration' and 'Images' in CB, but when I download a photo in another type I've the same message >> 'Saving image in "dcm" format is not supported'
What can I do ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #267862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add another extension in Gallery
It only allows the extensions it's capable of reliably processing. The File gallery has a parameter to support whatever extensions you want, but it doesn't process image files. Only jpg, jpeg, gif, and png are supported by the photo gallery. You can modify the extension array of getExtensions in the below file, but it may or may not work.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/cbgallery.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #268554 by erto
Replied by erto on topic Add another extension in Gallery
Hi,

Actually I've 'ImageMagick' extension active. So, If I try to upload GIF, PNG, JPG everything is Ok.
But when I try another extension, like DCM (another image format) the error report by CB Gallery came from GD Extension ? What's up ?
Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268556 by krileon
It does not support DCM extension. It supports only jpg, jpeg, gif, and png. It has zero testing for DCM extensions. Trying to force it by altering the extension validation doesn't mean it's going to actually work as it has not been tested. Reviewing Imagine library source it only will allow jpeg, jpg, gif, png, wbmp, and xbm even if using Imagick; it can not reliably process other extensions. CB Gallery it self limits to jpg, jpeg, gif, and png. The image format you're wanting to use will not work with the Photo gallery and recommend using the File gallery to just directly share the file. Your alternative is to process them to JPG or PNG before uploading to the Photo gallery.

With that said it does look like there's a missing global bug. Please make the below change and it should use the correct image software, but doesn't mean DCM will work.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/cbgallery.php
ON: Line 467
global $_CB_framework, $_PLUGINS;
TO:
global $_CB_framework, $_PLUGINS, $ueConfig;

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: erto

8 years 9 months ago #269096 by erto
Replied by erto on topic Add another extension in Gallery
Hi,
Now I use the 'File' function of CB Gallery but one new bug. If I upload files like GIF, JPG, ZIP I can download them in the member account but If I upload DCM file I have a blank page and nothing start download. I tried with MAC and PC, with Chrome, IE, FF and Safari (what else ?).
An idea ?

8 years 9 months ago #269105 by krileon
Click the download button instead of the title of the file, which trys to open it. Regardless the behavior is left up to the browser. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then try again to expose any errors if you continue to get a blank page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn