[#5419] Tagging problem

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #268073 by neilmac500
[#5419] Tagging problem was created by neilmac500
When a new member joins my site they show up in its Activity Stream and I then reply to that Stream entry with a short welcome.

I include their username preceded with a @

This mostly tags them correctly but if there is already a member with a similar name the system incorrectly displays the existing member's username in the reply.

For example a new member joins - Tonk. I welcome @Tonk but it displays as @Tonka who is an existing member, not the new one.

Also if the new member has a username which is 2 words ie Big Bertha and I welcome @Big Bertha, only the first word gets to be the tag - @Big

And finally if the username is numerical or an email address the tag process doesn't link to the member at all as in it doesn't become a link.

Is this a bug or could I have an incorrect setting somewhere?

CB 2.0.10
CB Activity 3.0 Stable
CB Auto Actions 6.3.1
Joomla 3.4.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #268128 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Tagging problem
The replacement is done on the first user that matches or is a partial match. I have to redesign it to work better as it currently is just using a wildcard in its query so you can end up with users matching that shouldn't. You can use @USER_ID or @USERNAME for the most accurate matching, but @NAME can be inaccurate as it's not unique. Usernames that contain the value of Name can also cause weird issues.

And finally if the username is numerical or an email address the tag process doesn't link to the member at all as in it doesn't become a link.

Numerical @MENTION usages are treated as user id. Email address already contains @ so it can't correctly match. Will improve it to also check username instead of only user id if it's numerical.

It's not going to work with every usage in existence. It's designed to function with Joomla standard requirements. If you use usages beyond that it may not match properly. This will be improved later when it provides an ajax auto-complete dropdown to specifically select who you're wanting to mention. Next release will also improve the query to get rid of the wildcard, but until the ajax auto-complete usage it's going to have some inaccuracies depending on your usage.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5419

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neilmac500

8 years 8 months ago #268133 by neilmac500
Replied by neilmac500 on topic [#5419] Tagging problem
OK, thanks for the explanation.

It's a great feature so I'm looking forward to the next release. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn