[#5508] CBSubs Content Protection Not showing text before readmore

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270177 by cjmicro
www.foxhuntinglife.com/newsite

I have cbsubs configured to still show readmore links on all content. This is how I had it on the old site and it worked fine.

Now I can't access any blog menu items without subscription. I had seen the patched cbsubs content, but I downloaded the nightly build for cbsubs (because of the language file bug). Is that addressed in the nightly build? Am I doing something wrong?

Also on the home page if you click readmore, it goes to the article with yet another "readmore" which THEN takes you to subscription area. I did try turning off jcomments which does fix that problem, but still protects the whole menu item which is my main problem.

When you click on horse & hound/art, for example, it should show all the articles up to readmore then suggest subscription. Now if you click on it it doesn't let you access at all, just redirects to subscription.

SEF is off.

I can PM backend access. Please help!! Now that language file is working this is the holdup to go live with this!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270213 by krileon
Not sure exactly where I'm supposed to be looking for your issue, but it appears to be working fine on the below pages.

www.foxhuntinglife.com/newsite/foxhunting-books/product/22-rycroft-on-hounds-hunting-and-country

See "Cubbing" where it's displaying fine. Then directly viewing the article also works fine.

www.foxhuntinglife.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1375:cubbing-fox-hunt&catid=38&Itemid=210

This only applies to content protection. Protecting a menu item protects the entire menu access and doesn't have readmore functionality. To have the readmore functionality you need to protect just the article or the category of that article and not the menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #270233 by cjmicro
Thanks for the reply, but try this and you can see what I mean. I have not protected any menu items, only categories.

If you go to the main page foxhuntinglife.com/newsite

To see what I mean you have to go to the horse & hound menu, and drop down and click "Art" (which is supposed to be protected category but show the readmore), it takes you right to the subscription page.

www.foxhuntinglife.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=39&Itemid=164

Some of the categories are not protected so choose art or entertainment.

If i log in it looks correct, of course. And yes, the articles themselves are protected. But I need it to show the category blog view of articles with readmore link, and then they are only prompted for the subscription when they click read more. Right now you can't get to the blog layout at all.

That is not working correctly.

8 years 7 months ago #270264 by krileon
Is both the articles and the category protected? If both are protected try removing the category protection to see if the read more functionality works. Also ensure the menu item under Options has "Show "Read More"" set as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270270 by cjmicro
Dear Kyle,

I ONLY have category protected, not articles. No menus, nothing else, just category! I have one plan published, electronic subscription, and it has 34 categories protected, one article, and no menu items.

It says control category lists "YES" and the settings have "Yes: article introductions always remain visible"

Please help, this is same way it was set up in the old site (foxhuntinglife.com) but just not working as it should. Probably i have missed some small setting or something, but i have been over it and over it and cannot resolve!

PS I do have SEF URLs off.

8 years 7 months ago #270275 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn