[#5595] GroupJive 3.0 and AutoAction does not trigger

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #273151 by LnG
I try to get the triggers to work but I cant. Maybe it has something to do with that my triggers seems to duplicate, when I choose one trigger and press "Save", when the page reloads I got two copies of the same trigger. Even when I delete one of them and save, it gets duplicated again.

When executing the action manually it works.
Screenshot of duplicate: gyazo.com/7215e54e52ad90f4ef33164876c04fae

Thank you for the great support so far though.

EIDT: The duplication is gone after updating to the latest nightly release. But the triggers just wont trigger, I dont understand why. Is it possible to get or buy personal help? I really need it to trigger when someone join a group.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #273269 by krileon
Is CB Auto Actions published and public? The trigger works perfectly fine. It's being used in a System Action to log activity, which is working perfectly fine so something configured is likely misconfigured. Please provide screenshots of your auto action configuration as the trigger is firing, but the configuration of the action maybe why it's not working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #273289 by LnG
Yes I can provide some screenshots, although I do think everything is correctly setup because if I change gj_onAfterJoinGroup to gj_onDisplayGroup the trigger does fire when I click on a group.

The action is just two profile fields changing, I used it to test different GJ triggers. I discovered that some of them work but most do not work. Maybe there is a way to debug and see what is going on?
Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #273315 by krileon
Are there conditions configured? Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done under Parameters of your action enable debug. Next join a group and see if any errors output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #273343 by LnG
No conditions configured. I tried debug mode in global settings and debug on the auto action itself, Im no expert at reading debug messages but I could not see any errors.

Im so confused why gj_onDisplayGroup work but not gj_onBeforeJoinGroup, gj_onAfterJoinGroup, gj_onBeforeLeaveGroup or gj_onAfterLeaveGroup. Its like the ones I really need wont work.

Im thinking that maybe it is because I used the GJ beta before the GJ rc1, or that I didnt update CB to nightly release before installing GJ. I must have done something wrong that has made those triggers not working on my site. As fast as I change to gj_onDisplayGroup the trigger fire perfect.

8 years 6 months ago #273371 by krileon
You need CB 2.0.12, GJ RC1, and latest nightly CB Auto Actions. How are you testing the join triggers? You need to be joining a group directly from frontend (e.g. join button). Those triggers do not fire on backend join or owner auto joining their own group; for that you use the after create user trigger.

See the System Action "CB GroupJive - Group Joined" regarding group join activity for an example of acting on group join. I don't know what further to suggest as it's working in all my tests and there's nothing special in regards to that trigger. You should also see it working if you've latest CB Activity nightly installed as it should log activity for group joins.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn