[#5602] CB Auto action, sending PM to group members

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #273182 by Joepvdsteen
Tried to find some documentation to do this (but no luck yet)

I have a group
Some member post on the chat wall
Now I would like to have the other members to get a PM, that a new wall post has been made

So in other words what do I need to do to get the PM send out to all the group members (excluding the one who posted it)

Joep

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #273261 by Joepvdsteen
Replied by Joepvdsteen on topic CB Auto action, sending PM to group members
and not manually of course (as that option is there inside the group where you can PM all group members)

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #273265 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic CB Auto action, sending PM to group members
Going to subscribe to this by posting as interested in the answer. Just some thoughts/feedback...

I wonder could you gain more control by limiting the PM to when they are offline and/or not in (present in/active in/using) the actual group. Just with loads of posts, while you're in your group and then you see your inbox messages increasing - not ideal really.

In GJ configuration there is notification tab "notify by" e.g. PM and under groups -> messages, "type" can be PM. But in my testing I never got a private message, about wall activity for example. And that's with the user manually setting various bits to "notify" him/her within the group settings cog - up by the top of the group page.

Edit: sorry you're looking at something else after re-reading your post. The manual action you refer to was what I was referring to I think.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

8 years 4 months ago #273276 by Joepvdsteen
Replied by Joepvdsteen on topic CB Auto action, sending PM to group members
Actually looking at tmore or less the same thing > There needs to be notification going in from stuff hapening inside a group.

I tried turning on the user preferences as well, but nothing happens, tried adjusting the back end, nothin happens

So either Im doing something realy wrong or it seems not to work

Joep

8 years 4 months ago #273280 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic CB Auto action, sending PM to group members
Ideally independant of connections regarding profile activity stream, when group activity. Need to test lots more. Dunno, can only await cb feedback, same boat then!

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

8 years 4 months ago #273306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto action, sending PM to group members
Your users need to configure a notification for wall posts. Navigate to the group then under the gear icon click "Notifications". You can set the defaults for notifications within GJ configuration. There's 2 notifications; 1 for replies to your own posts and 1 for new posts. You won't be notified about your own posts or posts you made. Posts also need to be completely published so if approval is enabled then the notification is delayed until it's approved and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn