[#5615] Old design this in group overview of GJ

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #273798 by timstohr
Hey guys,

Thought I should tell you. The design on the group overview menu is still the first design and totally different from the normal GJ group design. The logo is still in middle of the canvans picture. Please see attached picture.

Another question: Since I want to completely get rid of the logo (for groups it is less than useful in my mind) I was thinking of completely taking off the logo field in the group creation questionaire. I wanted to edit the PHP for that. Do you guys have a plugin override? That way I do not need to "hack" the main files. If not, it would be a great idea to have it... I am seriously seriously regretting getting another extension from another company because it does not have it (and it overrides my custom work quite frequently).

Bye

Tim

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #273811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Old design this in group overview of GJ

Thought I should tell you. The design on the group overview menu is still the first design and totally different from the normal GJ group design. The logo is still in middle of the canvans picture. Please see attached picture.

The way it's designed is intended. It's designed after Google+ Communities. Will review implementing for a later release a List template to override the group views with lists instead of grid boxes.

Another question: Since I want to completely get rid of the logo (for groups it is less than useful in my mind) I was thinking of completely taking off the logo field in the group creation questionaire. I wanted to edit the PHP for that. Do you guys have a plugin override? That way I do not need to "hack" the main files. If not, it would be a great idea to have it... I am seriously seriously regretting getting another extension from another company because it does not have it (and it overrides my custom work quite frequently).

All of GJ is template driven. The template system in GJ allows overrides. You can find the template files at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default/

So for example you can copy the default template folder and name it "mytemplate". Next delete every file in it you have no intention of changing. Now make your changes as needed and within GJ > Configuration you can select your template. Any missing files will just fallback to the default template. A GJ template can also consist of strictly an override.css file just to override CSS only as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 4 months ago #273877 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Old design this in group overview of GJ
Just to make you aware that CB activity looks different and a LOT better. The Logos are at the place where they should be (on the left side) and not in the middle hiding all the canvas. I guess you have to make the design one and the same in either one of them. Also... the Groups by category show up differently (the design you have given in activity.). As I said, not a problem with me since I find the logos in the groups a bit disturbing.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #273911 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Old design this in group overview of GJ
Group container boxes always display the same. Whether on all groups page or in a category. A List template is planed for 3.1.0 that'll display the same as CB Activity.

One of the primary reasons the grid display doesn't look good in your example is the quality of the logos. A standard photo for example will fill the entire container looking more like Google+ Communities where the design was sourced from. No matter where the logo is placed if low quality images are used it's always going to just look bad.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5615

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn