Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb gallery display issue

• jpdenny1
  • jpdenny1
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #275321 by jpdenny1
cb gallery display issue was created by jpdenny1
Hello CB, having bit of a problem with cb gallery lightbox display and hope you may be able to help.

When I set flexistrap as default it works fine but not current 3rd party template or not with other default joomla templates.

With flexistrap see attachment it looks good, only a bit blurry. See attachment 1.

With current template display the lightbox image is full screen height and has about 15% space each side. Haveto click outside to close it. Again images are blurry. see attachment 2.

Maybe some relevant settings: configuration -> images -> default 200 x 200, thumbnail 100 x 100, always resample and maintain aspect ration both YES, use GD2. The majority of photos are uploaded as link type.

I read a couple of other previous posts. I played around with the default and thumbnail a little to no avail.

Would you have any knowledable suggestions?and if it's template based could you suggest how to best approach this with template provider.

edit: getting http timeout requests 408 with attachemnts in. That's png and jpg,insert or not insert.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by jpdenny1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 5 months ago #275332 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb gallery display issue
CB Gallery doesn't have a lightbox. It's using a modal window powered by qTip. So if you're trying to lightbox it from a 3rd party extension it's not going to work. The modal window should be 80% height and 80% width of the viewport (browser window) and can only be changed by modifying the template files.

If the modal won't open press F12 to open your browsers developer console, refresh the page, then see if there are fatal JS (in red) errors present on the page which would break their JS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jpdenny1
  • jpdenny1
8 years 5 months ago #275339 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic cb gallery display issue
Apologies, I should have said modal window then. No 3rd party extension. It does open fine, thankfully. Just the quality and size is the issue.

It doesn't have the cool look that it should e.g. proper size, description along the bottom and 'original' link.

I'll have a deeper look around with firebug and see if anything happens. Have always had this issue since the beginning, have tried to fix before, has come to a point whre I need to fix/sort it.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 5 months ago #275347 by krileon
You'll need to provide a screenshot of the issue as I'm not understanding what the problem is, sorry. The description doesn't show up until mouseover of the modal window. The image being too big maybe due to the way the modal stretches the image, which is fixed for 1.0.6 (should be out sometime today).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jpdenny1
  • jpdenny1
8 years 5 months ago #275351 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic cb gallery display issue
Thanks Kyle, I cant attach for some reason. Tried insert no insert, jpg and png.

Anyway, let's see what happens with the 1.0.6.

Kind regards

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 5 months ago #275353 by krileon
Ensure filenames are alphanumeric and not more than I think 3mb is the limit. JPG is recommended, but PNG also works. You need to attach them directly to your post.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon