[#5712] GJ 3.0.1 - How to get a "CB Blog" intergration in the GJ Groups.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #276326 by NicoFaaij
Hi,

I have build some easy GJ intergration (tabs) by just copy the /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjivefile directory and put some custom php code in those files, especially in the cbgroupjivefile.php.

I tried, but I find it hard to build an own GJ Blog integration. I just want to have the "CB Blog" tab also in the GJ Groups.

Can somebody help me to get that done? What will be the best way to approach this.

Many thanks in advance,
Nico

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #276344 by krileon
CB Blogs isn't designed for that so that's not going to work without heavily modifying both. Joomla, K2, and CB Blogs internal databases don't have a column to handle a group id, but are user id specific. You'd need to create an entirely new integration for GJ that probably has its own database storage so you can properly link the entries to a group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #276352 by NicoFaaij
Hi Kyle,

Okay, to bad, can I put it on a wishlist for a next GJ release?

Knowing this, for now I think the most simple way for me will be to SQL-query the user_id's within a group (#__groupjive_users) and then get all of their blogs entries with SQL out of the #__comprofiler_plugin_blogs and then display those entries in a new to create display only GJ tab. If they want to change those blog entries they have to contact the group-member author of that entry, which can do that by the default way of the CB blogs.

I wanted more and expected it would be simpler but I think this is not difficult and will keep the source code and DB-columns original.

Have a nice evening,
Nico

8 years 2 months ago #276353 by krileon
There are no plans for such an integration for GJ. I recommend just using forums for that. CB Blogs entries are tied to a user id and not a group id. There's nothing there to make the query unique per group as that would require a new database column and then CB Blogs queries would need to be modified to exclude those entries from profile display otherwise they'd need group access checks. It's not a simple change, sorry.

I just can't see much of a purpose for a group blog that isn't filled by GJ Wall or GJ Forums already unless only group owner and administrator had posting rights maybe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #276399 by NicoFaaij
Yes indeed only the owner or maximal the group members should have posting rights.

The wall input is very limited in size and content types (no images etc.) and a forum is a total different thing. For example. we don't want other people giving (big) reactions on a blog.

I will try to make a GJ integration that only display the blogs of the owner of the group. That wouldn't be to hard for me to make.

8 years 2 months ago #276409 by krileon
Displaying the blog entries based off group owner won't work, because it's going to show their personal blog entries as well. You'll need a new database column to make the entries unique to the group. I guess if you don't mind it showing the group owners personal blog entries it doesn't particularly matter then.

Have added a feature ticket for a GJ Blogs integration that just stores and displays its own internal blog entries that are group specific. This should cover your usecase as I can see this being used where for example groups are used as projects so it'd be a project blog for example.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5712

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, NicoFaaij

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn