Auto Actions redirect to jive group based on profile

8 years 3 months ago #277246 by jean.toussaint@telenet.be
Auto Actions redirect to jive group based on profile was created by jean.toussaint@telenet.be
I would like redirect the user to a default group (jive) after he logged in.

I already figured out that i need Auto Action but a sample would be great.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #277261 by krileon
You don't need a CB Auto Action for this. Edit your CB Login module and change the login redirect to a non-SEF URL beginning with index.php. If you only want this to happen on first login you can specify the URL as the first login redirect within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #277313 by jean.toussaint@telenet.be
Replied by jean.toussaint@telenet.be on topic Auto Actions redirect to jive group based on profile
Tnx for this info, but this is ok if you always take the same page.

I mean for example:

User1 belongs to usergroupXX. The landingpage after login should be page XX (based on group or field...)..
User2 belongs to usergroupYY. The landingpage after login should be page YY (based on group or field...).

Better would be if the home page for a particular group. So the home button becomes also that link.

8 years 3 months ago #277336 by krileon
A redirect action on the after login trigger should fit your needs then. Set the Access to the usergroup(s) you want the action to specifically apply to.

Better would be if the home page for a particular group. So the home button becomes also that link.

No idea if this will work, but you could try creating different menu items limited to a view access level that only contains your specific usergroup(s). Next mark them as default (unsure if you can have more than 1 default separated by usergroup).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #277373 by jean.toussaint@telenet.be
Replied by jean.toussaint@telenet.be on topic Auto Actions redirect to jive group based on profile

krileon wrote: A redirect action on the after login trigger should fit your needs then. Set the Access to the usergroup(s) you want the action to specifically apply to.

Yes that is the main question, but how? I did'nt find anything in the documentation of CB Auto Action (only that you should use this module for actions like this).

I did find the afterlogin trigger when creating the autoaction event but not the redirect action. I only can change fields....

Is there a sample somewhere?

kr
Jean

8 years 3 months ago #277374 by jean.toussaint@telenet.be
Sorry, missed the type field on the right :blush:
Seems ok

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn