Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fields layout within CB Tab

• azjr
  • azjr
8 years 1 month ago #280916 by azjr
Fields layout within CB Tab was created by azjr
Hi Kyle - in one of my post ( display Joomla mod inside CB tab ) I was after placing Joomla module inside CB = this time, I would like to understand how to place and layout fields within one tab.
Here is the caveat I think I'm not sure if I get it right: in order for me to use the many positions that are preset by CB, I need to have, FOR EACH field I want to place in a given position, a corresponding tab -

So let's say, in my custom Tab "Summary" that is accessible from Tab Menu, I want to post 5 custom html fields.
For each field I will need to create it's own tab, then assign that tab to a position... Is there no other way? to assign Field directly to a position?

On top of that, if I want a field to be visible ONLY on specific tab, I need to keep it in Canvas Main Left/Middle/Right - any other position will be visible across all tabs that you navigate via Tab Menu...
This is not really intuitive .... how about the way Joomla assigns modules? I know you are working on better layout functionality, but until then - what's the best solution?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #280948 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fields layout within CB Tab
Different tab positions don't care about other tab positions. Selecting 1 tab causing another to hide can only be done using jQuery. There's no tab positions within tab positions.

You can try using CB Profile Pro for a more customized profile, but I don't know if it'll be able to help you with your issue either. Our page builder/layout editor maybe able to do this, but I don't know as that hasn't even reached design phase and won't be released for a long time from now.

You can also use a Custom HTML field and substitute in other tabs/fields using whatever HTML you like. So you could somewhat replicate how a tabs positions display by using your own HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• azjr
  • azjr
8 years 1 month ago #281073 by azjr
Replied by azjr on topic Fields layout within CB Tab
OK - let me ask you this then: can I insert a tab (with fields) or fields itself inside a custom html field? if yes, what's the formula?
Example: tab accessible through Tab menu - has custom html filed - that field has <div> code to split into 2 columns - each column would then contain another field (or virtual tab as a container with field inside) - in other words I'm trying to nest fields similar to what I would do with loadposition or loadmodule

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 4 weeks ago #281095 by krileon

OK - let me ask you this then: can I insert a tab (with fields) or fields itself inside a custom html field? if yes, what's the formula?

Yes, see our substitution tutorial below. It covers substituting in tabs, fields, and more.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

You can substitute in tabs or event entire tab positions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: azjr

• azjr
  • azjr
8 years 4 weeks ago #281115 by azjr
Replied by azjr on topic Fields layout within CB Tab
OK - so if I want to display something like this (BTW, I tried this formula and variation, but I'm not getting the right results) - where cb_progress_account => field from progress plugin :

[cb:if userfield="cb_progress_account"!="100"]complete your account![/cb:if]

what's the correct formula?

I did an alternative - a custom html field with CB Conditional
Field conditional self
if (cb_progress_account)
is Equal to
to 100
then = show (and I'm showing the message) - which is fine and works well.

what I tried to do above [cb:if] is to see if I can make the process shorter: instead of creating additional field, could I just use the if statement?

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 4 weeks ago #281135 by krileon

what's the correct formula?

To condition the field you'd have the below.

[cb:if cb_progress_account!="100"]complete your account![/cb:if]

I did an alternative - a custom html field with CB Conditional
Field conditional self
if (cb_progress_account)
is Equal to
to 100
then = show (and I'm showing the message) - which is fine and works well.

Yup, CB Conditional can also be used instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon