Antispam / recaptcha not functioning

7 years 8 months ago #284435 by Fendermate
Antispam / recaptcha not functioning was created by Fendermate
I've uploaded and published CB Antispam version 2.0.0.BUILD.2016.05.17.02.30.46.611.C.15.F.88 and selected recaptcha for the CB registration form. This is more complicated than the non-CB recaptcha I had.
I cannot get it to be visible on the registration form. This is what appears on the form.

Once I can get it to work, I want to place it at the top of the form.
I'm obviously missing something.
I just want a captcha on the form to stop spambots...and that's it.
Any help will be appreciated.

I'm on J3.6.0 and PHP 5.6.24
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284455 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Antispam / recaptcha not functioning
Did you supply your reCaptcha keys within CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Captcha > Modes > reCaptcha? Are they reCaptcha v2 keys? reCaptcha v1 keys are not supported and you may need to generate new keys at Google. Does the preview under CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Captcha > General display fine?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284640 by Fendermate
Replied by Fendermate on topic Antispam / recaptcha not functioning
Sorry for the late responce, your reply didn't get to my inbox.
It was CB Recaptcha that was having issues and I killed it when I found Joomla had unpublished the extension because of broken links.
I uploaded CB Antispam instead, published it and in the settings; Parameters / captcha / general / mode, I selected recaptcha. Note; in the 'preview' field below 'mode', there are no previews of the mode selections.
The field was added to my field list in row #9 and on the registration form but there is no captcha function on the registration form and no image.
I noticed on the administrator's field list that 'antispan_recaptcha' has been added to 'contact info' Tabs. Does that mean it was added only to the profile page?
Yes, I am confused.

7 years 8 months ago #284676 by krileon
Captcha through CB AntiSpam is a field. It just needs to be set to display on registration in CB > Field Management. You can move it to whatever tab you want. If using reCaptcha just ensure your v2 keys are supplied at CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Captcha > Modes > reCaptcha. If there's no preview displaying then ensure CB AntiSpam is published in CB > Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284695 by Fendermate
Replied by Fendermate on topic Antispam / recaptcha not functioning
Krileon,
Thanks. I checked the settings and don't see what I missed.
I switch from reCaptcha to internal question and that works fine.
I'll stick with that.
Just a side note;
The forum sent me your responce but the links (URL and Read More button) in the email don't work.
I got this strange address;
www.forum.com/153-professional-member-support/234366-antispam-recaptcha-not-functioning#
Someone trying to hyjack someone?

7 years 8 months ago #284708 by krileon
Strange, no idea. I've re-tested reCaptcha and is working fine. Try generating new keys at Google to see if that helps.

The forum sent me your responce but the links (URL and Read More button) in the email don't work.
I got this strange address;
www.forum.com/153-professional-member-support/234366-antispam-recaptcha-not-functioning#
Someone trying to hyjack someone?

No, it's just a very annoying Kunena bug. Should be fixed in stable release (we're still on RC5), which should be installed soon.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn