[SOLVED] Kunena and Group Jive Integration Still Not Working

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #286251 by moozarkgrl
Site's Needs:

50 states with six groups. Each group needs to ONLY access the forum for that group. However at this point I would be happy with only access to that state. (Will use state abbreviations...)

#1 - Using GJ, 50 categories were created first. Six groups were setup for AL.

#2 - Using Kunena forum, categories for each state were setup under the category Main Forum. Six subcategories for each group were then setup under AL.
Kept the default settings for the state category aside from changing access to registered. (I noted that their state category will not connect with the GJ state category. OK)
For each of the six sub-categories, ACL type was set to Community Builder and linked with their GJ counterparts.

#3 - Back to GJ, the forum integration did not auto add that forum category to that group. OK. Linked each group to their forum counterpart displayed in the dropdown list.

Any time registered group member accesses the Forum, I cannot get this integration to work. I thought maybe it was which Forum screen it defaulted to like, Index, Main Forum, Profile, Recent topics, etc. But it never restricts to that group's forum.

WHAT am I missing? PLEASE!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286288 by krileon
Within CB GroupJive Forums > Parameters set "Category" to a Kunena parent category to hold all your GJ forum categories. Next ensure Within Kunena > Plugins that "Kunena - Community Builder Integration" is enabled. That should be all you need to do. Creating groups should then generate the Kunena forum categories and does so in my tests. The GJ category forums are only restricted by ACL. The group forums are restricted by group access. Note that CB moderators are exempt from the group access check so ensure "Moderators View Access Level" within CB > Configuration > Moderation isn't set to something like Public or Registered as that'd make all your users moderators.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286293 by moozarkgrl
Thanks for the response but it is still a no go. I must note that admin volunteers set up all the GJ categories and groups so that was 50 x 6 for 300 groups setup. Then on the Kuneau side the categories were setup for the 50 states and then subcats for 4 of the groups needing forum access so that was 200 of those setup. We then went thru all 500, 300-GJ and 200-Kuneau and they all connect with each other. Again noting the reason because Kunena forums were not created automatically when the GJ groups were setup. So they had to be setup manually.

This is an all volunteer organization TRYING to setup a system that would really help this great cause. I've been forwards and backwards on this all weekend and am totally exhausted and frustrated. If I've done everything you've suggested, then why isn't it still working? A group member in MO can access TN and post with no problems which shouldn't be allowed. Plus the fact that when accessing the forum, they are not in their state's forums but rather have the daunting task on scrolling through 200 choices. I'm trying to make this Idiot proof and easy for the users but I'm feeling like the idiot here.

Any more suggestions? Can you take a look at it yourself. If I can get just one state to work properly, I can assign them to again go through the 500 total cats/groups.

7 years 7 months ago #286299 by krileon
Your issue is likely that you've manually setup Kunena categories. The only Kunena category you need to manually create is the parent. Then on group create it'll generate the Kunena categories. Sub-categories manually created within GJ forum categories won't have any access checks as they're not linked to a group. You've no options in regards to customizing how it structures the forum categories. They must follow GJ exactly. Example as follows.

GroupJive
- Category 001
- - Group 001

Kunena
- GroupJive
- - Category 001
- - - Group 001

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286310 by moozarkgrl
Again the reason it had to be done that way to begin with is because "Kunena forums were NOT created automatically when the GJ groups were setup. So they had to be setup manually. " as I said twice before.

So are you saying that if I go back and delete ALL the Kunena state categories and group sub-categories already created under category: Main Forum, that they will recreate themselves?, because the structure you have shown IS the one followed? OR will they only be created when each GJ category and group is created as long as parameters are set as you've indicated.

I also noted that you replied:

GroupJive
- Category 001
- - Group 001

Kunena
- GroupJive
- - Category 001
- - - Group 001

Are you saying that instead of Main Forum as the top category in Kunena, there should be a new top category that is called GroupJive or were you just using "example"?

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286311 by moozarkgrl
Ok. I deleted the categories and subcats in Kunena for one state - Washington. I then went to GJ and saved each group again with the verbage" new category" under forum integration. You are correct, YES, the forum categories were created.

I had a user "join" one of these groups. Their profile now shows this group. OK

Now when I click on Forum menu, I still get the following:

Where is the restriction to the category Washington? When the user clicks on the state of Washington, it will show this:

Almost resolved, I'm getting estatic! Is it a menu setting for Forum that will allow her to only see Washington?
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn