[#6295] Video field Type

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #287296 by studio2stage
[#6295] Video field Type was created by studio2stage
CB Version 2.0.15+build.2016.10.03.23.55.12.b2d28f61d
All CB Plugins current

I have three video field types for registered users to add URLs for external video content.

The video thumbnails appear correctly viewed in the userlist but don't appear when viewed in the user profile either for the logged in user or an admin.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #287317 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Video field Type
Is it a youtube video or a URL to a video file (e.g. mp4). Is the field row not displaying at all?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #287375 by studio2stage
Replied by studio2stage on topic Video field Type
This query relates to the thumbnails not rendering.

The fields contain URLs to youtube videos.....(Uploading an actual video is not desirable and is switched off in the field parameters)

but correctly renders the video thumbnail when viewed in a userlist.

Checked with several different browsers but it's the same on all.

Regards

7 years 6 months ago #287398 by krileon
I'm not having any issues with youtube video URLs in a video field locally or on our demo site. Please ensure CB is up to date and if issue persists please PM the youtube URL to see if it's a problem with that video specifically or also try it on our demo site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287634 by studio2stage
Replied by studio2stage on topic Video field Type
The setting on the Integrations tab of the affected video fields has CB Core Fields Ajax enabled for Profile View but not for Userlists View which is stopping the field rendering the thumbnail for that particular view, (When Ajax is turned off, the thumbnail renders OK)

The ability for users to add their URL while viewing their profile is important (All of the sites fields including these are edited using Ajax - don't use the normal profile edit method at all)

Is there a workaround so that the user gets the thumbnail when they update via Ajax - it's a confirmation for them that it's a good URL and will eliminate lots of emails to the admin asking why their video isn't there.

Regards

7 years 6 months ago #287659 by krileon
It's working fine for me with CB Core Fields Ajax usage. The video player is present on initial display and after ajax change. Please ensure CB Core Fields Ajax is up to date (latest: 3.0.0+build.2016.09.02.22.46.54.a7eb43a0a). If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn