Triggered Activity produces Link (as if you used manual link sharing)

7 years 4 months ago #288718 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I am not there yet, but imagine that I have set up the auto action that triggers when a user makes an event. Since I am really really understaffed, I wanted to go the really easy way and simply have the auto action output a link (just like when you share it) onto the stream. I have failed to understand how you do it. I can only see TYPE under Auto Action, not the actual link that it should output (in my case, it would be [VAR4] or something like this).

Here is the reason why: I have spent AGES getting the meta data and meta photo etc just so that it represents in EXACTLY the way that I want. Having to do the same with Activity would be very time consuming.
Bye
Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288720 by krileon
An event where? The variables available and what data they contain is entirely dependent on the trigger used. Type, Sub-Type, Item, Parent, and Owner are just a means to associate the activity with something. Example as follows.

Type: groupjive
Sub-Type: group.event
Item: event_id_here
Parent: group_id_here
Owner: event_owner_id_here

There however already is an action for logging GJ event activity. So I'm assuming you're referring to a 3rd party solution, which in order to work needs a custom trigger in which case you need to specify the variables in your trigger as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288721 by timstohr
Yeah that is understood and I can do that (I have come this far already), however I want the activity to look exactly as if you shared the link to the event created (in a third party event system).

Here is an example of the link I have shared in the activity manually:

I want the activity to look exactly like that. It would work if I just could tell auto action to take a link that I send with a variable and simply share it when it is triggered.
Attachments:

7 years 4 months ago #288725 by krileon
Ah, you're needing to know the Type for the Link. The following Link types are allowed.

custom
video
audio
url

You'll probably want to use url or custom. Custom will output the value of the "Custom" parameter exactly as supplied, but url type should be sufficient.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288727 by timstohr
OK thank you. Knowing the link types is indeed really helpful. Maybe put it into the tooltip?

7 years 4 months ago #288729 by krileon
Yup, those tooltips will be significantly improved in a later release. I've made a feature ticket for most plugins to significantly improve a lot of their tooltips.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn