Triggered Activity produces Link (as if you used manual link sharing)

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #288924 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
Problems again (and this time I think it is a bug on your side).

So, trigger works and also the variables BUT not the activity action. The link is indeed taken from the trigger and inputted into the URL field, the problem is that Activity firstly does not seem to recognise that it is an INTERNAL URL (ie without the domain name), secondly it does not auto-fill the Thumbnail, title and meta-data like it does for the shared links (using the URL Share button in the Activity module).
I have attached the screenshots of how I have set it up.

All I want is that I provide an internal link to activity using auto action and it does all the things as if I had shared it using the URL button on the Activity Module.

EDIT: I tried it with putting different variables into the Image URL using the Auto Actions but it steadfastly refused to save the links

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288928 by krileon
The internal parameter just hides the link below the attachment. Links will always open in a new window. This is being fixed in CB Activity 4.0.0 where it'll parse for internal/external automatically to determine if it needs new window with nofollow or not.

Like I said the API is early and will be rewritten in CB Activity 4.0.0. The parameters for that action will be improved with better descriptions as well. Honestly you're the first that's really pushing the API outside of System Actions and it's very helpful showing the glaring shortcomings of it so I'll certainly be making it less of a pain to work with in 4.0.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288931 by timstohr
No possibility to make it work beforehand? I just need it to recognise that it is an internal link (I have a way around it if that is not possible) as well as produce the link the same as it would do when one shares it manually.

Those two functions are the most important ones and crucial...

7 years 4 months ago #288933 by krileon
The attachment output is a part of the template file for activity so suppose you could modify it there if you wanted. See the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/activity.php

The best approach though is to use a code action as I've explained below and completely override the activity output like GJ, CB Gallery, etc.. does.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/235373-problems-with-cb-stream-in-response-to-cb-api-loading?start=18#288913

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289012 by timstohr
Btw, I have now found out a potential problem of the link. It shows up properly in the cb activity module (see picture below), however it does not give the right link. It includes the ,amp into the link.
(testmunich.international-friends.net/component/djclassifieds/?amp;view=item&cid=1:books&id=692:adfasdf&Itemid=1215)

Without the ,amp , the link works.

Any ideas on how to prevent the amp; in the link? As you can see, it shows it right but the link field inside the activity entry itself is the problem.
Attachments:

7 years 4 months ago #289042 by krileon
It's double escaped. This means it's being escaped at store time then again on display (display escaping will not be removed). Ensure you're not sending the variable to your trigger with htmlspecialchars already applied otherwise you need to reverse the htmlspecialchars in your action or before sending the variable to your trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn