Field display error

7 years 3 months ago #290714 by missarab
Replied by missarab on topic Field display error
Thank you for your patience.
query run successfully, fields updated, see attachment, CB reinstalled, and the URL have gone from the phone filed.
Now, phone field is empty with (-) on it, it didn't restore the phone numbers previously saved.
any advice how we got the phone record back

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290732 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field display error
The phone numbers should've never been touched. They should still be in _comprofiler in the cb_phone database column. If not check to see if the alias column is there and if it contains the phone numbers. If it does rename that column to cb_phone, but it shouldn't have renamed that column. The below query will change the alias column to cb_phone in the event the cb_phone column was renamed.

ALTER TABLE `jos_comprofiler` CHANGE `alias` `cb_phone` TEXT;

Please be sure to be making backups before running any direct database queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290750 by missarab
Replied by missarab on topic Field display error
I do have a backup, Thank you.
I did run the query, return as "#1060 - Duplicate column name 'cb_phone'"

I can see in the database there 2 cb_phone fildids # 43 & #96. There is also "alias" fildid, the last row #146
see attached PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Here is a closeup for the 3 fields

Thank you
Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago #290755 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field display error
Why do you have a second phone field? Did you run CB > Tools > Sample Data and create a second one? The field with fieldid 96 should not exist and is likely the cause of your issues. The field with fieldid 43 is the reverted alias field. Check within _comprofiler if the phone numbers are stored in the "alias" column or the "cb_phone" column. If they're stored in the "alias" column delete that second cb_phone field (with fieldid 96) and run the query provided above again. If they're stored in the "cb_phone" column then simply delete the field with fieldid 96 directly through the database in _comprofiler_fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds