Multi-language and Community Builder

5 years 2 weeks ago #311856 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Multi-language and Community Builder
Hi yeah I wish it was so easy :)

Basically all other components are switching the language perfectly fine (see images) apart from Community Builder.

I have checked that the users have not got any language set in their backend (Only DEFAULT).

I also tried setting the language to GERMAN in User manager of joomla and lo and behold, it did not switch the language of community builder.

I also checked that it had all the right plugins installed.

Any other ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #311868 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi-language and Community Builder
Ensure the Language Tag in Joomla for your languages matches the CB language plugin. For example for French it should have fr-FR for Language Tag. I'm not sure what to suggest as this works fine in my tests. What are you using to switch languages? It's possible for CB to be loaded earlier than say Joomlas language filter plugin, which can cause this. This usually only happens with CB Auto Actions if you're acting on a very early Joomla trigger like one of the routing triggers. Are you sure your installed CB language plugin has those strings translated or is all of CB including things you're sure are translated not translating?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 weeks ago #311884 by timstohr
Hi,
I am using standard Joomla language switcher (the Language Content Filter plugin) and the standard Joomla Multi-language filter.

The profile menu has a menu for each language set to that language.

The language tags used are the standard joomla tags (ie fr-FR).

I have tried repositioning the Community Builder system plugin and NOTHING has happened. Or which Plugin should I reposition?

5 years 2 weeks ago #311890 by krileon
Unpublish the CB Auto Actions system plugin in Extensions > Plugins and see if it's a loading issue. If that doesn't fix the issue then CB isn't loading too early. CB it self does not determine what language to load. It pulls that entirely from Joomlas own API call JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag(). The only reason for CB to fail to load the matching language is the tag doesn't match that of CBs or CB was loaded too early.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 weeks ago #311895 by timstohr
I created one single override and then everything switched...

5 years 2 weeks ago #311898 by krileon
Overrides have no means of forcing language loading. Sounds like you maybe had some sort of caching issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn