Open groups - content only appearing in Newsfeed when a user joined it.

4 years 6 months ago #314902 by krileon

I now have thousands of groups that have been joined already. How can I add it retrospectively that the people who joined a group also automatically follow it?

A custom database query could take care of that quickly, yes. Below for example should work.

INSERT IGNORE INTO `jos_comprofiler_plugin_activity_following` ( `user_id`, `asset`, `date` ) SELECT `user_id`, CONCAT( 'groupjive.group.', `group`, `date` ) FROM `jos_groupjive_users`

Be sure to replace jos_ table prefix in both tables with whatever your table prefix is.

Btw I would make this a system action as I am sure not the only one who has this problem.

Auto follow on join would be a good system action. Have added a feature ticket to implement.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7747

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314910 by timstohr
Hi
Unfortunately that query does not work...

SQL query: Documentation

INSERT IGNORE INTO `nuernberg_comprofiler_plugin_activity_following` ( `user_id`, `asset`, `date` ) SELECT `user_id`, CONCAT( 'groupjive.group.', `group`, `date` ) FROM `nuernberg_groupjive_users`

MySQL said: Documentation
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

What does that mean?

4 years 6 months ago #314914 by krileon
Oops, I put the date inside the concat. The below should work.

INSERT IGNORE INTO `jos_comprofiler_plugin_activity_following` ( `user_id`, `asset`, `date` ) SELECT `user_id`, CONCAT( 'groupjive.group.', `group` ), `date` FROM `jos_groupjive_users`

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314917 by timstohr
Hi yeah the SQL Query worked perfectly... There is something that does not work with the asset FOLLOWONLY. It now shows me stuff that I have done and not only the stuff that I am following...

4 years 6 months ago #314941 by krileon
That was a known and fixed bug. Ensure you've the latest CB Activity build installed. It was fixed late last week.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 6 months ago #314998 by timstohr
True, it is fixed now. Just found another "bug" or "missing feature"... I have it set so that the activity shows the assets followingonly and mainforum (mainforum is what the people post directly in the activity feed). If I post now inside the main forum, the tooltip visible on the left (the three dot menu on the activity post) shows "Unfollow post" on my own mainforum asset post...
I can't unfollow my own posts...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn