Use case option for menus

4 years 4 months ago #315656 by derekkoopowitz
Use case option for menus was created by derekkoopowitz
I'm wondering if any of the add-ons will allow me to do the following:

Based on a value in a custom user field, I'd like to display a menu item unique to that value. For instance, if a user has a state code of CA (California), I'd like to display only a menu item that will allow a user to vote only for CA based elections and not in any other state elections. So my menu structure would be:

Election Menu
  1. Alabama
  2. California
  3. Delaware
  4. Indiana

If the user state is CA then when they click on the Election Menu I'd like them to only see California as an option and none of the other states. The other states would essentially be hidden. Kinda like CB Conditional but for menus...

Is this possible?

Best,
-Derek

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Use case option for menus
If the menu is constructed from your own custom HTML in a CB Content Module, sure as you could surround the links with IF substitutions. If it's a standard Joomla module then no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315658 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Use case option for menus

krileon wrote: If the menu is constructed from your own custom HTML in a CB Content Module, sure as you could surround the links with IF substitutions. If it's a standard Joomla module then no.

Interesting idea... I had not thought about constructing a custom menu using HTML! Let me play around with that...

Thank you, Kyle.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn