[#7808] GJ notification question

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #315986 by liaskas
[#7808] GJ notification question was created by liaskas
Hello everyone and best wishes for the new year!

Unfortunately issues never end on live sites even on the last day of the year...

Here is the new one that is related to GroupJive

I have set GroupJive on my site and everything seemed to work fine! Until i tested the invite function and things seem not to be functional there, probably because of my misconfiguration.

Registered users...

When a user is invited to a group, he is not notified at all that he has an invitation. He gets (as a notification on the globe icon) for the invitation after he is approved by the group owner, if he ever discovers that he is invited through his profile tab.

The system auto action "CB GroupJive - Group Invite Notification" is triggered with "gj_onSendNotification". Is this correct? A notification is sent when a notification is sent?

What we tried...

We changed the Trigger to "gj_onAfterCreateInvite" and the user gets a PM (Uddeim) when he is invited. Our issue here is that we would like the user to get notified on the globe icon and not to receive a PM... exactly like he is notified when he has a friend request. Friend request is done, the notification shows to the recipient.

Can you please guide us on how the auto action should be set to achieve this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #315988 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ notification question
Confirmed the invite notification is logging fine, but it's not displaying. You can see the notification logged within CB Activity > Notifications. You'll see notifications with an asset of groupjive.group.GROUP_ID.user_invite for example. So this is likely just a display issue in GJ it self not correctly parsing user_invite access. This normally should be ".invite" instead of ".user_invite", but both are supposed to be working. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7808

You won't need to make any changes to the system action or GJ. Once fixed you'll just need to update GJ and the notifications will display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #315989 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ notification question
Ok, latest GJ build available now has fixed the issue and confirmed the invite notifications display and work fine now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: liaskas

4 years 2 months ago #315995 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic [#7808] GJ notification question
Perfect!
I will now download the update. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 2 months ago #316127 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic [#7808] GJ notification question
Same problem again!

It worked for a while when you upgraded the plugin but now we have the same issue.

Invite notifications are logging fine, but they do not display.

4 years 2 months ago #316135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#7808] GJ notification question
There's no reason for it to stop working. What changed on your site? The fix implemented is still present in the latest build and continues to work in my tests. Verify the notifications even exist within CB Activity > Notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn