Disable 'hide activity' in Activity plugin

3 years 10 months ago #319071 by pjfroelofs
Disable 'hide activity' in Activity plugin was created by pjfroelofs
LS

is it possible to disable the option, that a member can hide an activity feed from an other member?

Regards,
Patrick

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #319086 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disable 'hide activity' in Activity plugin
Nope, there are no plans at this time to allow that functionality to be disabled either. When it comes to activity streams users should absolutely have control over what they see. The only posts that can't be hidden are system posts. My mind is open to be changed on this matter though if there's a solid reason why users shouldn't be allowed to hide other user posts. Note hiding only impacts them. It doesn't affect anyone else and they can reverse the hide.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #319103 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic Disable 'hide activity' in Activity plugin
Dear Kyle,

Thank you for your reply,
I can imagine that for 99,9% of the CB websites, this option should be enabled.
But I’m afraid that we belong to the 0.1%.

We use the CB plugin for an elderly center.
We have 2 kinds of members: 20 elderly and around 30 employees, caring for the elderly.
All the care that the employees do on the elderly, is logged via CB - activity.
So every elder has an activity feed, where the employes log their care.

Our application does not need this ‘hide activity’ option.
It only makes the use of the application more difficult.

Is there maybe some custom css, to hide the option?

Regards,
Patrick

3 years 10 months ago #319114 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disable 'hide activity' in Activity plugin
Have added a feature ticket to review turning off the hide functionality, but new parameters are not being added until stream storage behavior is implemented which won't be for awhile.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8044

Yes, you can use the below to hide the links but it won't be pretty as it's not designed to be doing that.

.activityMenuItems .activityMenuItemHide {
	display: none !important;
}

The below can be used for comments.

.commentMenuItems .commentMenuItemHide {
}

To hide both you'd use the below.

.activityMenuItems .activityMenuItemHide,
}

To get rid of the divider bar at the top you'll have to hide all of the divider bars, which the below should work.

.streamItemMenuItems .dropdown-divider,
.activityMenuItems .activityMenuItemHide,
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn