[SOLVED] CB and Joomla 4 ?

2 years 11 months ago #324821 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic CB and Joomla 4 ?
No it is neither under the admin menu - it seems to not being installed at all - as I cannot search for extension at all under extension management.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324912 by rbuelund
Hmm ok, if you got it working with the git install, then something must be missing in the nightly build, as the latest nightly from today does not let me install the CB package..

2 years 11 months ago #324914 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB and Joomla 4 ?
I don't recommend worrying about it. We'll deal with ensuring compatibility when Joomla 4 is in a usable state. Focus on testing and providing feedback for core Joomla to the Joomla team so Joomla 4 can reach a stable state faster.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #325109 by rbuelund
Just for your information. The latest CB package still does not install on a J!4 RC1 website.

2 years 11 months ago #325110 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB and Joomla 4 ?
Your issue is likely with your server. I've retested on a clean RC1 and on latest Github pull on both PHP 7.4.19 and PHP 8.0.6. In all cases it worked perfectly fine.

Install:

User Management:

Review server error logs and see if there's any hints as to why it's failing for you. Could be as simple as a folder permission problem. Without any actual error information to go off of there's nothing for me to really investigate, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #325111 by rbuelund
I have installed other extensions without problems. The server runs php 7.4.16. Also it says that the package IS installed, but no folders are created on the server. I also tried to install from folder /tmp/cb - where I unpacked all the files - still the same.
Just tried to install Akeeba - works without problems.

CB - nothing happens

Akeeba - Installs fine
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn