[SOLVED] Row size too large when adding/deleting field...

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325131 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
Just tried to delete a CB field and got this message: " Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs"

First time I have ever seen this notification and it was on a site which is actually several factors smaller than my main one. Just checked though, I am also having this problem on my main site.

Any solutions to this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325133 by beat
Imho, first step is to check all the collations of your database (connection, tables, columns) and fix them to be consistent. They should all be utf8 or utf8mb4. We had recently such a case in another thread, and fixing them fixed the issue.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 10 months ago #325135 by timstohr
Worked I think. For those who have similar problems, it is very easy to change the collation. Simply go into phpmyadmin, click on Operations, scroll down and tick the box that says that it should change it for every table and every column. Takes only a couple of seconds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn