[#8853] CBSubs mailer failing!

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328216 by rbuelund
I have a CBSubs system where the Mailer plugin should trigger sending emails today. I did not get any mail, so I tested the cron url and I get this error:

1364 Field 'emailbody' doesn't have a default value

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliStatement.php:435
2 Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliStatement->execute() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/DatabaseDriver.php:675
3 Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver->execute() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Mysqli/MysqliDriver.php:776
4 Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliDriver->insertObject() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Database/Driver/CmsDatabaseDriver.php:531
5 CBLib\Database\Driver\CmsDatabaseDriver->insertObject() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Database/Table/Table.php:161
6 CBLib\Database\Table\Table->store() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CBLib/Database/Table/OrderedTable.php:69
7 CBLib\Database\Table\OrderedTable->store() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/models/table/cbpaidTable.php:176
8 cbpaidTable->store() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsmailer/cbsubs.mailer.php:1345
9 cbpaidMailerMessage->logSentMessage() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsmailer/cbsubs.mailer.php:1392
10 cbpaidMailerSender::mailFromQueue() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsmailer/cbsubs.mailer.php:1508
11 getcbsubsmailerTab->sendMailQueue() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsmailer/cbsubs.mailer.php:1473
12 getcbsubsmailerTab->executeTask() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:880
13 cbPluginHandler->call() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/controllers/cbpaidControllerCBTab.php:517
14 cbpaidControllerCBTab->getTabComponent() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.php:1153
15 getcbpaidsubscriptionsTab->getTabComponent() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/controllers/cbpaidControllerCBComponent.php:92
16 CBplug_cbpaidsubscriptions->getCBpluginComponent() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:880
17 cbPluginHandler->call() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbTabs.php:1486
18 cbTabs->_callTabPlugin() JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbTabs.php:1600
19 cbTabs->tabClassPluginTabs() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:723
20 tabClass() JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:274
21 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:69
22 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
23 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:389
24 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:206
25 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:245
26 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:278
27 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:63
28 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32

The e-mail body field IS filled ! What is going on here ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328217 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBSubs mailer failing!
Such null default values issues with newer MySQL versions have been fixed in latest CB and CBSubs. Are you running the latest versions and is your database structure up to date ?

1. Go to CB / Tools / and click "Check CB plugins database", and then "fix" if fixes are needed.

2. Do you have latest Community Builder and CB Paid Subscriptions and CBSubs Mailer plugin builds installed ?

To make sure, go to Community Builder / Plugins / Install & Update / Install From Web tab, and check if any Updates are proposed.

If yes, please tell us the Joomla and database version you are running, so that we can understand and fix quickly.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 2 months ago #328218 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic CBSubs mailer failing!
1. Go to CB / Tools / and click "Check CB plugins database", and then "fix" if fixes are needed.

No problems there
2. Do you have latest Community Builder and CB Paid Subscriptions and CBSubs Mailer plugin builds installed ?

Yes - everything is up to date.

I use
Joomla 4.0.6
PHP 7.4.26
mysql 5.7.35-38

2 years 2 months ago #328219 by beat
Replied by beat on topic [#8853] CBSubs mailer failing!
Thank you for reporting this issue, it's a Joomla 4 + Mysql 5.7 -only bug due to the strict-mode use of Mysql:

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8853

I have now fixed it and released a new nightly of CBSubs.

Please backup, before updating CBSubs and all CBSubs plugins you have installed, as usual (and this nightly is a big one, as it also adds PHP 8.1-compatibility).

To see the upgrade, you will need to click the "Refresh" button at bottom right of the "Install from web" tab in CB Plugin Install and upgrade.

Please confirm that it fixes it for you. There might be other issues as Joomla 4+MySQL 5.7 has not been tested (we test with Joomla 4 with MySQL 8).

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 2 months ago #328220 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic [#8853] CBSubs mailer failing!
Hmmm.. should you not be testing against Jooml 4.x and mysql 5.7 also? Just talked to my webhost and they have, for now, no plans on upgrading to mysql 8. So I believe many users a going to upgrade their Joomla 3.x sites to Joomla 4.x but still keep mysql 5.x

I am not shure I dare update the site to the latest build, as there are running payments comming in right now, so I will not be able to rollback without loss, if there is some new bug introduced with this build ??

2 years 2 months ago #328222 by beat
Replied by beat on topic [#8853] CBSubs mailer failing!
We test MySQL versions that are GA on latest stable Joomla versions, means Joomla 3.10.latest+MySQ 5.7.latest GA and Joomla 3.10.latest+MySQL 8.0.latest GA, as well as Joomla 4+MySQL 8.0.latest GA. Until now there was no issues with that particular combination, so we might add the combination of Joomla 4+MySQL 5.7 to our test setups.

There is no known new bugs introduced by this build, but it's a build with many minor changes, that have been peer reviewed and tested on our Joomla 3.10+MySQ 5.7 and Joomla 4+MySQL 8 test setups. If you want to be on the safest side, wait for a few days before updating.

In the mean time, the 100% safe fix for this bug is to replace ONLY the file:
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubsmailer/cbsubs.mailer.xml
with the one from the nightly build of CBSubs Mailer from our downloads section.

Then run CB / Tools / and click "Check CB plugins database", and then "fix".

Thanks in advance for your feedback if it fixes it for you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn