Gift Subscription Question

2 years 2 months ago #328648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gift Subscription Question
Your second auto action that reduces cb_gifts should have User set to Self. That should fix that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328651 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Gift Subscription Question
Thank you Krileon for your reply.

This was already set to Self from the beginning.

Please see screenshot to check if we are talking about the same.

Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago #328655 by krileon
Ah, I see why. The Action type is directly executing the action and bypassing the User parameter. Am reviewing fixing this for a new build release so User can function properly for chained auto actions.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8876

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 2 months ago #328656 by krileon
Ok, latest build release of CB Auto Actions has added a Mode parameter to the Action type. So once updated edit Action 3 and set Mode to Run. This will allow the auto actions it's executing to run their user parsing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 2 months ago #328660 by liaskas
Thank you Krileon

Will test first thing tomorrow and inform you.

Thank you again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #328664 by liaskas
It worked like a charm!

The gift subscription was applied to user B and everything is fine with the gift activation subscription!

Now another issue arises...

What happens with the used purchased gift plan before and after usage?

Example 1 (before offering the gift to another user)
User A purchases a gift plan. Normally the gift plan must not have an expiration date. So is there a way to keep the gift plan active till it is used?

Example 2 (after offering the gift to another user)
What is the best way to expire and completely delete the gift plan after it is used and "cb_gifts" integer field becomes "0"?

If it is not deleted somehow after usage, and someone orders 20 gift plans, they will remain in subscription update possibilities for ever?

Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn