[#8878] Exclusive Plans Needed for Access

2 years 2 months ago #328736 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic [#8878] Exclusive Plans Needed for Access
I'm more than happy to pay for hourly services for this feature, as it's becoming increasingly necessary for my structure, which continues to grow.
While it's not a big problem now, it can become a financial drain for me if exploited.
Thank you,
Tomás.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#8878] Exclusive Plans Needed for Access
This feature is already being looked into for implementation. Given we already have a check for this it should be relatively easy for us to extend it for different scenarios.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

2 years 3 weeks ago #329121 by beat
Btw, thank you Tomás, for your generous donation, it helps paying forward development!

This feature is now implemented in just released nighty, but slightly differently, following discussion on its tracker:
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8878

Subscription plans got a new setting, in "Workflows" tab, "CB Login workflows" fieldset: "Allow login" (default ON).

This "Allow login" setting is available only if `enableFreeRegisteredUser` is not ON at general config,

For plans that shouldn't allow login, just switch this to OFF.

Advantage: No mixup with Exclusive, or different Exclusive settings, and maximum flexibility. Backwards compatibilty (default is On).

Disadvantage: CBSubs plans displayed when a user hasn't at least one active plan that allows login display as before. It's up to the administrator to make it clear to the user which plans are required to login (e.g. by making them exclusive at top level, or making it clear in description).

Please check if it works for you and let us know here.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

2 years 3 weeks ago #329165 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic [#8878] Exclusive Plans Needed for Access
Thank you, Beat and Kyle.
I have done quite a bit of testing with it, and it's working better than expected. The way it was implemented, being so straight forward, gives me lots of flexibility, without compromising any other settings.
Thanks!
Tomás.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn