CB Birthday for Community Builder

11 months 3 weeks ago #333406 by kletterdorf
Replied by kletterdorf on topic CB Birthday for Community Builder
Sorry, I am not sure we understand each other. In the database, in the privacy table, not all users have the privacy value. We use the database to show values in a module. The cb user profile shows values that are not stored in the privacy table. That is why I believe I need to update the table to make the module work.
I have no idea what API means or HTML field renders. I am not an expert. So please advise if there is maybe something easier to use, out of the box, to support our community.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333407 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Birthday for Community Builder
CB Privacy doesn't store privacy rules that it doesn't need to. That'd result in a lot of data bloat. Default privacy rules are not stored. You need to use the proper CB APIs when retrieving fields and when retrieving users you need to check their privacy using API.

This will be changed in a future release where I'll be normalizing the privacy rule storage so it can more accurately be queried against, but for now you have to check a users field access before rendering them. The easiest way to do this is to call getFields API and if the field doesn't output then don't display that user. The getFields API is documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18361-obtaining-field-values-through-getfields-api

Alternatively since you know the default privacy rule if they don't have one in the database then just perform whatever SQL you need to based off knowing they're set to a specific privacy rule.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn