[SOLVED] Can GroupJive memberships exclusively be managed by CB Auto Actions?

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329802 by NFA
Hi,

I want to use CB Auto Actions to completely manage the GJ Groups and their memberships. These Auto Actions are triggered by the change of CB custom fields at registration or profile change. I really don't want my users to be able to become a member of multiple groups. All GJ membership actions have to be done by my Auto Actions. So I really want to get rid of the default "Join Group" buttons and menu-items.

I tried group type page, but then you have no longer a "users" tab to see who is a member of the group. Does somebody else know a good approach to create closed GJ groups from which the membership can only be managed by my CB Auto Actions and users can not do it when visiting the groups?

With kind regards, Noa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329813 by krileon
GJ has no functionality to do that. The best I can suggest is to first use CSS to hide the join button. Then use a Redirect action in CB Auto Actions to redirect on the gj_onBeforeJoinGroup trigger to block the server side aspect of joining. That should accomplish suppressing user joining. As for the CSS the below should work.

.cb_template .gjButtonJoin {
    display: none !important;
}

You can add it to CB using CBs built in CSS overrides feature shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329815 by NFA
Hi Krileon,

Wow, using CSS to hide the buttons is really an approach I didn't think of. At this moment I tried an approach to use a GroupJive template directory and turn off those code from your group.php, groups.php code. I think I would get it working, but it feels wrong to exclude this GJ core files from future GJ updates or repeat this work every time after an update.

I don't understand the second part:

Then use a Redirect action in CB Auto Actions to redirect on the gj_onBeforeJoinGroup trigger to block the server side aspect of joining. That should accomplish suppressing user joining

Do I have to fire a kind of URL, and if so which kind and how does that block work?

Thankful regards, Noa

1 year 9 months ago #329829 by krileon
For the second part you need to install and publish CB Auto Actions. Next you need to configure an auto action in it as follows.

Global
Triggers: gj_onBeforeJoinGroup
Type: Redirect
Action
URL: index.php

This is to prevent them from joining groups using join links or buttons. The CSS solution is purely cosmetic and the auto action takes care of blocking the server side of joining.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329836 by NFA
That is a nice one, if it doesn't block the Auto Actions -GroupJive - Join Group actions, which will now exclusively manage the Group access. Thanks!

1 year 9 months ago #329844 by krileon
The above won't block joins forced by CB Auto Actions. Backend manual forced joins will also work fine. It will only block frontend joins made by the user (e.g. clicking the join button or navigating to a join URL).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: NFA

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.668 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn