[SOLVED] Using GJ Group logo (of a given Group-id) on a CB website home-page?

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #330276 by krileon
You can't change the tags as that'd just break the HTML. My best suggestion is to just use the CB GroupJive Module and then do a layout override from your Joomla template to customize its HTML display to whatever you like. This is significantly less overhead than dealing with embedded PHP in articles. If the API changes for example and it absolutely will at some point your entire usage breaks, but with the module the API in the module will update with GJ.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #330283 by krileon

but I think it will be difficult as I want to combine those GJ data with other SQL data from CB custom fields before output.

You can do that combining inside your layout override which is just a PHP file so you'll have full access to PHP there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 7 months ago #330287 by NFA
I think you are right. Until you brought it up yesterday, I did not know that there is a CB Groupjive module. I will certainly investigate your approach, but I think it will be difficult, because I want to combine that GJ data with other SQL data from CB Custom Fields before the output.

I just hoped that you knew a kind of regular expression regexpr or another way to replace them in the beaten $ avatar variable before I print the echo or print.

Thank you for all your help and info. I will close this ticket ;-)

1 year 7 months ago #330289 by NFA

You can do that combining inside your layout override which is just a PHP file so you'll have full access to PHP there.

Wow, I thought it was only CSS-code. I have never used layout override's before. Okay, if I am able to use PHP in those layouts override, you made my week and solved this issue completely. THANK YOU!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn