Guzzle conflict between CiviCRM and Community Builder?

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #330325 by catconner1
Hello, my Community Builder registration process seems to have started failing since I updated CiviCRM recently.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare GuzzleHttp\describe_type() (previously declared in [DOCROOT]/libraries/CBLib/GuzzleHttp/functions.php:14) in [DOCROOT]/administrator/components/com_civicrm/civicrm/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/functions.php on line 41

Users can enter their data on the registration form, but "Submit" generates a 500 error page, and the above error.  The Joomla user is created, but not the Community Builder entry, and no email notifications are sent.I guess there are two versions of GuzzleHttp conflicting but I'm not sure how I go about resolving this. This maybe isn't specifically a Community Builder problem, but I'd very much appreciate some guidance on how to troubleshoot this!

I think all versions are up-to-date:
Joomla 3.10.10
CiviCRM 5.50.2
Community Builder 2.7.3 (all plugins also show as current)

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330329 by catconner1
Update: had this information from the CiviCRM forums:

"In this specific case, my guess is that community builder is using guzzle 7 (the source code for community builder doesn't seem available online to check???). If that's true, then since civi supports guzzle 7 but just ships with guzzle 6, what you can try is go into the civicrm plugin folder and run
composer require guzzlehttp/guzzle:'^7'
so that they end up with the same version. If something goes wrong just
composer require guzzlehttp/guzzle:'^6.3'
to restore the old guzzle for civi."

Does this make sense? Can someone confirm the Guzzle version for CB, or have other insights?

1 year 8 months ago #330337 by krileon
We use Guzzle 7, yes. CiviCRM would need to use Guzzle 7 or do as we have and implement backwards compatibility in its code to support both 6 and 7 (we support all the way back to 4).

Just the unfortunate result of being in a mixed environment sometimes dependencies clash. Hopefully with CB 3.x this will become impossible though as we'll be namespace prefixing all our dependencies in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catconner1

1 year 8 months ago #330349 by catconner1
Great, thanks for the confirmation.  Since CiviCRM will support Guzzle 7, I'll do as they suggest and update the dependencies inside their plugin.

Just might want to keep this on your radar in case other Civi users come across it :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn