Community Builder & Kunena

1 year 7 months ago #330429 by RobertvanderHulst
Community Builder & Kunena was created by RobertvanderHulst
On our website we have both CB and Kunena.
Inside Kunena we have activated the "Kunena - Community Builder Integration" plugin.
In our CB installation we have added some fields for the Kunena Forum Settings and added a profile tab to edit these.
This used to work fine.
Recently I discovered that the fields are no longer synchronized. I totally forgot how this was done.
The fields are named:
- cb_kunenathreadordening
- cb_kunenahideemail
- cb_kunenashowonline
- cb_kunenacansubscribe
- cb_kunenasignature

Should these fields automatically be synchronized or is there a mechanism that does this?
If they should be automatically synchronized, what could be wrong.
I checked the kunena users table in the database and noticed that some of the kunena field names have a different casing. Could that cause the problem?

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #330433 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder & Kunena
We don't force synchronize specific fields anymore (frees you from the limitations of hardcoded fields). Instead you can now configure whatever fields you want to synchronize to Kunena within CB Forums parameters. We include support for all of Kunenas user fields there. It should've migrated those fields to the new parameters long ago when this was introduced, but it's possible that migration failed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 7 months ago #330434 by RobertvanderHulst
Replied by RobertvanderHulst on topic Community Builder & Kunena
Kyle,
What should the type of the fields be for :
- Threadordening
- hideemail
- Showonline
- Cansubscribe
- Signature

Robert

1 year 7 months ago #330435 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder & Kunena
Whatever type you want. Kunena expects certain values for some fields though and those expected values are noted in the descriptions of the parameters in CB Forums. So for example hideemail, Showonline, and Cansubscribe should have value of 0 (No) or 1 (Yes). Signature ideally just a textarea field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn