Groupjive - Remove Group Name hyperlink

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #331728 by mickelb
Hi,

Is there a way to select whether the Group name is linked or not? The design of my website means I don't want a link.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331739 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive - Remove Group Name hyperlink
Where specifically do you want it not linked? Likely the only way is to override the template files, but depends where exactly you want this change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #331743 by mickelb
Replied by mickelb on topic Groupjive - Remove Group Name hyperlink
Step 1: Using a menu link to a pagebuilder page which includes a GroupJive module to display this Group I get:

Step 2: The user will have logged in to be able to view this page. If the user then Joins the Group they see this:

Step 3; But there is no way to post anything unless the user then clicks the title and then gets this:

I don't want the third step because it goes to a GroupJive page (/cb-profile/pluginclass/cbgroupjive/0-0/1-aopa-pilots-community) which I can't style as I want. So I don't want the title hyperlinked and when the user joins in Step 2, I want them to stay on that page and be able to post there.

Hope that helps.

Attachments:

1 year 5 months ago #331748 by krileon
You can't use group tabs from the module. The module isn't meant for that. The module just shows the group itself with a button to join and links to the group to use the groups features.

which I can't style as I want.

I don't see why you couldn't? You can entirely restyle the page. You can even override its template if you know HTML and PHP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331752 by mickelb
Replied by mickelb on topic Groupjive - Remove Group Name hyperlink
Thanks.

Still learning.

I definitely do not want to override templates, so will have to see how I can work with the GroupJive design.

1 year 5 months ago #331756 by krileon
Restyling with CSS would be the easiest approach then. You can add custom CSS to CB easily using its built in CSS override functionality shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.621 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn