User subscription not entered even though PayPal payment went through

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332671 by petekuhn
We've had two instanced of this happening recently (although other subscriptions are working fine). We are running the latest Joomla4, CB, and CBSubs.In both cases PayPal shows payment completed. In both cases there is an entry in the history log"User Subscription record created with status R"and also an entry for Store Basket Payment with status NotinitiatedHere are the history log entries for one of the instances
This message contains confidential information

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332689 by krileon
Please don't attach customer sensitive data even in confidential tags. We do not want to be liable for storing their data. I've removed your second image.

Did an IPN come through for that payment in CBSubs > Notifications? Within PayPal what does the notification say regarding that payment? You should be able to check that on the below URL.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332695 by petekuhn
The Notifications page in CBSubs has no entry for this transaction, just for the one before and the one after.  The history log has no IPN, just "User subscription record created with status: R" and the plan ID is 5 (we've had successful transactions with this plan before and after this transaction).  The history log shows the event in CBSubs happened at 2023-01-27 00:40:10 about 4 minutes before Paypal recorded the payment as completed on January 26, 2023 at 4:43:53 PM PST.  

Here's what Paypal says about the transaction in general, at the URL you provided, note the transmission FAILED message, 16 retries (!), last attempt to transmit 2 days after the transaction:

"Instant Payment Notification (IPN) details
"Message ID6GN16901R0721662HDate/ time createdJanuary 26, 2023 at 4:43:58 PM PSTOriginal/ ResentOriginalLatest delivery attempt date/ TimeJanuary 29, 2023 at 2:20:52 PM PSTNotification URLhttps://www.cal-sailing.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=1&cbpbasket=20896&do=gw&result=notify&cbpid=cbp63d31d6bb2b69847497898&format=rawHTTP response code500Delivery statusFailedNo. of retries16Transaction ID 1CT84856NT557023R IPN typeTransaction made"

Here's a redacted copy of the IPN message from Paypal

"mc_gross=99.00&invoice=N12289825104673750&protection_eligibility=Eligible&payer_id=58Z77KHT9HU4J&payment_date=16%3A43%3A53+Jan+26%2C+2023+PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=REDACTED&mc_fee=3.95&notify_version=3.9&custom=20896&payer_status=verified&business=payments%40cal-sailing.org&quantity=1&verify_sign=Af3liDHWQ1jVkPN5H.CWpgxJiAYPAhGD-E3UITA4XNIPIdnDgcy49YrI&payer_email=REDACTED&txn_id=1CT84856NT557023R&payment_type=instant&last_name=REDACTED&receiver_email=REDACTED&payment_fee=3.95&shipping_discount=0.00&receiver_id=RLD8NFQH8WGEG&insurance_amount=0.00&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Paid+Student/Senior+for+REDACTED&discount=0.00&mc_currency=USD&item_number=S20944-18822-5&residence_country=DE&shipping_method=Default&transaction_subject=&payment_gross=99.00&ipn_track_id=f209262e1e541"

1 year 2 months ago #332700 by krileon
That means the IPN failed to reach your site. Either something on your site broke or network traffic was down and they weren't able to reach your site. A 500 response suggests your site is throwing a fatal error. Check your server error logs and see if PHP errored. Checking the URL myself manually the following error is output.

1062 - Duplicate entry '8' for key 'PRIMARY'

I've no idea where that's coming from though. Basically it's trying to insert a new row with an id of 8 into a table that already has a row with an id of 8. Was the database altered in any way? Is this a renewal or a new purchase?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332706 by petekuhn
This was a new purchase. We have not altered the DB or experienced any problems in other components that would indicate a general DB problem (we have 20 of our own components).
PHP error log has nothing for the date/time of either of the two problems. We have a shared server on SiteGround, and I can't get the Apache logs for that period.

1 year 2 months ago #332713 by krileon
Please PM backend super user login credentials (see link in signature to directly PM me) and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn