cb.menu.php deprecation error

10 months 3 weeks ago #334257 by kdave321
cb.menu.php deprecation error was created by kdave321
upgrade to Joomla 4.3.2,  php 8.1.18 and the latest version of CB is giving me this error:

Deprecated: sprintf(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($format) of type string is deprecated in .../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.php on line 340

I can't tell how $this->htmlDown is set. I dumped to screen and it appears to be a non-empty array of strings:

array(3) { [0]=> NULL [1]=> string(96) "

• " [2]=> string(96) "
      • " }

So I suppose level = 1 would return a null.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb.menu.php deprecation error
It's a deprecation notice. Nothing to be alarmed about, but thank you for letting us know and have added a bug ticket to fix in a future release. It is not an error and will not impact the function of anything. Reduce your error reporting so it doesn't output.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9216

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #334275 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic cb.menu.php deprecation error
Yes, thanks, just a warning. You had said you were trying to fix these. That's just one of a couple hundred I see everytime I view my CB Profile. Maybe 1 of them is coming from a customized CB template I made back in J3 which I will need to fix.

Unique list:

Deprecated: htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/J4/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/activity/container.php on line 41

Deprecated: explode(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/J4/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/library/CBActivity.php on line 2297

Deprecated: htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/J4/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/component.cbactivity.php on line 2542

I'm also seeing this a lot even though I have raised "memory_limit" to 256M in php.ini.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10179584 bytes) in /usr/local/J4/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php on line 80

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 34529280 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

What do you do about that?

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #334276 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb.menu.php deprecation error
CB Activity deprecations are fixed in current CB Activity 6.0.0 development branch that isn't released yet.

Regarding memory limit issues that's coming from Joomla's own Registry class. So I'm guessing a 3rd party plugin of some kind is loading too much into it. Try enabling debug mode with maximum error reporting to see if it'll give you the full error trace so you can see what's calling it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kdave321

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn