Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Log notification on activity wall post

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
6 months 1 week ago #335885 by AlanJones
Log notification on activity wall post was created by AlanJones
I have been trying to log a notification on an activity wall post; not a group post, but a post on the main activity wall.
Not sure why that doesn't log a notification?
Also wondering when the new Activity 6.0 release is planned for, just a rough estimate?

J 4.4.0
CB 2.9.0
Activity 5.0.1
Auto Actions 9.1.1

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 months 1 week ago #335892 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Log notification on activity wall post

I have been trying to log a notification on an activity wall post; not a group post, but a post on the main activity wall.
Not sure why that doesn't log a notification?

Can you be more specific? Are you creating a new auto action or are you trying to use the "CB GroupJive Wall - Notifications" system action? Notifications in GJ are per-user per-group. They need to toggle on what notifications they want to receive on the notifications page within their groups.

Also wondering when the new Activity 6.0 release is planned for, just a rough estimate?

It's already released as a Beta. Beta 3 is nearly complete featuring nearly 40 built in notifications that all you simply have to do is toggle on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
6 months 1 week ago #335899 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Log notification on activity wall post
Not sure how to describe it... 
If I create an Activity menu item, that displays of all my aggregated group activity posts there is a way for viewers to post "What's on your mind?" from the top of that page, right?
The trouble is people post there but there's no notification, so I either want to turn that post option off and just have people post to their group activity page, or I'd like to add a notification for those posts (even though they are not associated with a group).
Preferably I'd like to switch that post option off, but I have seen no way to do that without switching off group activity posts. 
(apologies, I used the term "wall" but I realize that's a very different thing).

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
6 months 6 days ago #335907 by krileon
It sounds like you just want a menu item to show all group activity, but have no posting. Easiest way to do that is create a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin. Next select CB Activity for the Plugin. Then set Action to Activity. Now under Activity tab config the following.

Activity
Asset: groupjive.group.%
Create
Create: Disable

Now when they view that menu item it should be strictly just for displaying all group activity they've permission to see.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
6 months 6 days ago #335911 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Log notification on activity wall post
But that will also prevent the activity posts in the groups, right? So if a user went to a group he's part of he wouldn't be able to add to the group activity page with a post.
What I'm looking for is a way to keep the Group activity posts, but not the generic post in an aggregated activity page.

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
6 months 6 days ago #335912 by krileon

But that will also prevent the activity posts in the groups, right?

Nope, will only prevent posts on that specific menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon